RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   i know this has been done alot but... (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=172738)

DJ-E 01-18-05 07:00 PM

i know this has been done alot but...

I was on geocities u know on yahoo. I went to c what that had for rap sites. They had anti-rap pages. So i want to c wtf they where going to say about rap. They said things like " o who wants to listen to a retard talk" and shit like that. They say that rappers have no talent. WTF. fuckin rock groupies. So what do u all think of these people saing that rap sucks and rappers have no talent?

villagepimp 01-18-05 07:03 PM

I think that rap sucks and noone that does it has any talent what so ever.

Biggz 01-18-05 07:09 PM

let em think wut they want. i hate country, but people listen, the world will never be the same, we just gotta be ourselves.

[.:D:.] 01-18-05 08:04 PM

well....honestly...rock...is wack...wtf do they be talki nbout...we actually address things in the world...poverty...politics..they just scream on a mic...-_-

Parallel 01-18-05 08:06 PM

no i dont know...i dont go on yahoo..

Ms. Get Gully 01-18-05 08:54 PM

lets not all stoop to their level and be ignorant..ROCK music is another form of addressing issues just like RAP music is and Other GENRE's of music....there are plenty of rock groups who address things that go on in the world to day like wise with rap and other shit...but.. i myself dont like Rock and how they address the issues by screaming in the mic to where u can't understand shit they are saying.....Rap is more mellow..better..and respectable to me :)

Pop Lotty 01-18-05 09:54 PM

Rock is ill...Sublime, Sum 41, Greenday, Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, Nirvana...I could go on for days...

kaveh 01-20-05 05:57 AM

yo they jus dont understand rap and wat people are sayin..they jus think its some guy talkin some bullshit, they dont realize the talent and skill involved so fuck them!! haha

Terumoto 01-20-05 07:03 AM

Man I dont mind rock... Its ignorant fuckers that say shit like that that piss me off...

Punk rock is actually kinda like hip hops brother... grew up together... Peeps would do performances back in the day, punk rockers and rappers...

Mad Dog 01-20-05 08:07 AM

Jay-Z wit Linkin Park....feelin that a lot i'm picky wit the type of rock i listen to but i'm hip hop dedicated

Adam 01-20-05 09:06 AM

rap doesn't address fuck all in the wolrd...

talking about being rich = gay
talking about hoes in every song = gay
talking about gays in every song (eminem) = gay
talking about everything else you hear in a mainstream rap song = gay

now i say mainstream because 90% of the people on this site listen to it.... "OMG 50 Cent is so DOPE! And he has even been shot" .......WACK

Rock music on the other hand, most people just think that they pick up a microphone and screm into it, but what they are screaming has some meaning.......sure there is rock music that is just gay too, but there is some pretty solid shit. Rock music takes a hell of a lot more talent than rap music anyday.

Thats my opinion anyway.

Black Queen 01-20-05 09:12 AM

i see two ppl in here dat says dey hate rap so why you do it you freestylin or w/e dats rap
and not all rappers talk about the same thing some really have a point

Terumoto 01-20-05 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Μίσος
rap doesn't address fuck all in the wolrd...

talking about being rich = gay
talking about hoes in every song = gay
talking about gays in every song (eminem) = gay
talking about everything else you hear in a mainstream rap song = gay

now i say mainstream because 90% of the people on this site listen to it.... "OMG 50 Cent is so DOPE! And he has even been shot" .......WACK

Rock music on the other hand, most people just think that they pick up a microphone and screm into it, but what they are screaming has some meaning.......sure there is rock music that is just gay too, but there is some pretty solid shit. Rock music takes a hell of a lot more talent than rap music anyday.

Thats my opinion anyway.

I partly agree...

Mainstream rap is fuckin wack and gay... But the underground is dope.. takes a lot of skill to come up with some of the shit those dudes come up with.. Practice.. Dedication.. An intelligent mind.. All of these are needed to be dope.

Rock is also like this. They have a mainstream and an underground. Mainstream is usually gay, while the meaning is held in the underground. Although I dont think rock is anymore difficult. We have to find dope beats, construct good rhymeschemes, stay on the snare, deliver well, etc.

They have to write lyrics (usually more simplistic than ours), sometimes play instruments while singing, learn to play those instruments... etc.

It all balances out...

For$akeN 01-20-05 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-E
I was on geocities u know on yahoo. I went to c what that had for rap sites. They had anti-rap pages. So i want to c wtf they where going to say about rap. They said things like " o who wants to listen to a retard talk" and shit like that. They say that rappers have no talent. WTF. fuckin rock groupies. So what do u all think of these people saing that rap sucks and rappers have no talent?

Fuck you kid Rock is dope and they don't talk about the same things....like most rap.
rap is good but I like rock better POOF!

High-Dro 01-20-05 03:13 PM

i dont mind rock, i just choose not 2 listen to it...but good charlotte!!...i fucking hate them