RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Writing Technique (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=174015)

MetEoR-K 01-25-05 10:14 PM

Writing Technique

How do you guys write when you are just writing to get mroe rhymes in your head?

Do you write out full bars/lines or whatever?

Or just words like
Hip Hop
Get Shot
Dick Flop
Ticked Cop

Or what do you do for you rhymebook =P

Peeze

MC IgGY 01-25-05 10:38 PM

a combination of stuff, sometimes full bars, sometimes multis, sometimes punches

~Sonofisis~ 01-25-05 11:42 PM

Fuck all that, fuck multies, fuck punchlines, fuck all that.. when you write you have to worry about making sense above all first.. Think about some shit that everyone can relate to or laugh at.. then after you've mastered making sense, the punchlines, multies and all that other shit should come naturally if you're witty... No matter what anyone says, they can teach you how to write, yo rhyme scheme depends on what you preferr, but the words are up to you. you can start off with multies and have internal rhymes in it, like

To Each His Own, I'll Tap Ya Chin, Til Ya Speech Is Gone/
I Rap Ta Win When The Beat Is On, Clap Mac-10's to Delete Ya Dome/

I mean, I just find words to rhyme with, and internal rhymes help a lot.. but other than that, you have to listen to different styles to get a feel as to how you should write..

JRoy 01-26-05 12:25 AM

i just freestyle to help me get better...freestyling is what gets you better and its good practice...specially in fronta people

~Sonofisis~ 01-26-05 01:48 AM

^ yea, i agree, that can help you're response and wittiest.. you'll be able to think quicker while writing too..

Ysdat 01-26-05 02:05 AM

i just write. i can write better with a pen and paper than on a comp. I have rhyem books from years ago. mostly wak shit.only my recent shit thats worth anything. But i still keep my old shit. For memorys of how wak I was.

But i dont really have a cetain writing style. I just kick it and write.

Adrenaline 01-26-05 12:25 PM

I just write man...write in bars..write out punches...
just like how I would flow..u know!!//

^^same style

Magic5 01-26-05 01:57 PM

Just write down what comes to your mind..

You can re-word shit, move it around or whatever.. later.. but when you're getting ideas dont waste your time with your wording..

Write the ideas down.. usually youll get more ideas as you write, so just keep writing them down..

After you're done you can re-word and organize ya shit..

Thats what works for me..

Insight. 01-26-05 05:21 PM

I just freestyle, record it just in case, and if I like it I will write it down.

Lyrikal.Havok 01-26-05 05:29 PM

just come up with your own technique...its easier if you use your own....

Main 02-03-05 12:02 PM

i steal other peoples

bluntastic-510 02-03-05 04:14 PM

in paragraph form
ill fuckin trounce ya till even yer religion will renounce ya

Cannibal Fetus 02-04-05 08:15 AM

I never use multies, they just filler, but they add to the flow.

godfather 02-04-05 09:12 AM

i just write down what comes to mind
then i rearange it so it will have multis and punches

The Militant 02-04-05 10:14 AM

i wright abot 40-50 words then rhyme them then when i wright i look at the paper and pick words and fit them in