RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Higher Thinking (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163)
-   -   Titles and Tourney Mode (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=196891)

DQ 06-26-05 10:42 AM

Titles and Tourney Mode

Starting next week, titles will be installed: HeavyWeight, MiddleWeight and LightWeight.

Those titles can be defended for about 4 weeks after which the tourney mode will start. The importance of these titles is the following: the title holders will have a free in the first week and will be automatically in the second round of the tourney. We are still thinking about other advantages the titles can possibly hold so suggestions are certainly welcome.

Drop what y'all think of this, if there are any complaints or suggestions about this, tell us!

~sokaris~ 06-26-05 11:13 AM

thats rite, tell us. and DQ, i think this is a damn good idea.

~sokaris~ 06-26-05 11:15 AM

i shall get a great person make the belts.

DQ 06-26-05 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~sokaris~
i shall get a great person make the belts.

Excellent :thumbup:

The tourney will have a traditional set-up for the first time, we shall see how it works out to improve it in the future :)

If the league keeps going as it is, I'm thinking about having such a tourney mode every few months.

Crazy Hades 06-26-05 11:45 AM

Yes, my idea was very good. =D

Immense 06-26-05 11:55 AM

Wicked cant wait...but who starts off with the titles...do we battle for em first...or is it whoever tops of the league...or what?

~*Khatharsis*~ 06-26-05 12:05 PM

well im thinkin in terms of two sides.

i will try my best to diagram. im ggoig to just make up names.

JOHN vs JASON

*who ever wins out of ^^*

JABARI vs KASTEN

PAPOOSE vs CASSIDY

^^then it will be the same for the other side. but diff people.

then the winners if each of them battles will battle up until the reigning champion (hopefully me)

i think thats how DQ wants it. if not then suggestions are seeked.

Immense 06-26-05 12:09 PM

ye but isnt that kinda what the tourney mode will go like...but DQ says they can be defended for 4 weeks before the tourney starts...so who will be defending them..cos if we battle to see who starts with the titles then that will be a tourny in itself...

DQ 06-26-05 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immense
Wicked cant wait...but who starts off with the titles...do we battle for em first...or is it whoever tops of the league...or what?

You battle for them first, top two battles for heavyweight, two following for middle and next two for light.

The tourney will be set up in two poules as Khatharsis said...

Immense 06-26-05 12:16 PM

so the top 6 battle for them before the tourney...oooooooooh...*runs to see if im in the top 6*

Immense 06-26-05 12:18 PM

wtf..im joint 6th...but 10th down the list...but i just won this week due to no-show so ill be 3-0 up....meh....will i be battling for the light weight maybe?:)

~*Khatharsis*~ 06-26-05 12:18 PM

one ding, i know im in FIRST PLACE....ha ha ha...i hope to be matched with someone who will show this time.

DQ 06-26-05 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immense
so the top 6 battle for them before the tourney...oooooooooh...*runs to see if im in the top 6*

Yes and the person who wins holds the title. Then battles will be set up each week where most contenders will have a shot at taking over the title. Contenders aren't chosen randomly, they are drawn. Only first battles will be based on the ranking, the other ones will be random. I am thinking about narrowing it down to two titles and make the HeavyWeight champ get 2 weeks free, LightWeight Champ one week free.

What do you think about that? It's first time installing this so I'm kinda experimenting :thumbup:

Let us know how you would like to see this being organized!

Immense 06-26-05 12:22 PM

yer that sounds cool...khath whos your alias...cos tweety and kein are top of the league...

~*Khatharsis*~ 06-26-05 12:26 PM

actually im poetry. and my alias is sokaris. and i am on top so.....