RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   How do ya'll write ur shit? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=199606)

Blay'all 07-12-05 02:30 PM

How do ya'll write ur shit?

for u audio heads, u always write ur songs down on paper before u record em or do yall type em or what? im typin mine in wordpad..

MC Firetruck 07-12-05 02:35 PM

I bust out the old cropduster and write 'em in the sky. So then everybody can look up and see that I spit hot fiya.

Kirk 07-12-05 02:38 PM

I type mine in notepad.

Tha Q. 07-12-05 02:40 PM

I have my Sony MDR headphones on with the beat on loop through Cool Edit. I sit and type my lyrics through the beat using Notepad.

Then, I record my lyrics, edit them, and mix them down into the track.

After which, I add sound effects and ad libs.

Acuity 07-12-05 02:40 PM

6 times out of 10 pen n paper - 4 times out of 10 wordpad

Blay'all 07-12-05 02:42 PM

word, thats what i do..

first listen to the instrumental a few times, leave it on loop, type the lyrics up on wordpad (i dunno if its new for xp or what, but its under accessories like notepad but im tryin it out) then record em..

Blay'all 07-12-05 02:43 PM

oh an yo q, is there any way to listen to the instrumental thru cool edit so ur sure its right on time with ur recording without it interfering with the sound of ur recording?

Tha Q. 07-12-05 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Blay
oh an yo q, is there any way to listen to the instrumental thru cool edit so ur sure its right on time with ur recording without it interfering with the sound of ur recording?

when I actually record, I listen to the beat through Windows Media Player while I record my vocals through COol Edit.

[.:D:.] 07-12-05 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Blay

heh...go to insert>wave from file>(find the beat)

then go to track 2 hit the lil R then press record and long as u flow right and everything u wont have to slide the bar around...:thumbup:

but i write on the pad...

Blay'all 07-12-05 02:47 PM

werrd, thats what i was gonna do..

but to get the timing down, u just leave it on repeat and hit record right when it starts back over?

Blay'all 07-12-05 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff
heh...go to insert>wave from file>(find the beat)

then go to track 2 hit the lil R then press record and long as u flow right and everything u wont have to slide the bar around...:thumbup:

but i write on the pad...

it will play the track in my headphones while i record?

Castro... 07-12-05 02:54 PM

I rite it in my rhyme book cuz you can bring it every where

Blay'all 07-12-05 02:55 PM

werrd, yo scruff.. answer my question :shoot: