RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   in a text battle. (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=200924)

Nomak.. 07-20-05 09:50 AM

in a text battle.

does punches & wordplay count more than flow.

E.C 07-20-05 09:51 AM

flow is really the last thing people look for so ye obviously punches and wordplay before flow but flow is important to your piece or else it wouldn't be good

13th. 07-20-05 09:53 AM

EC just sum'ed it up nicely there!!!!

Dirty Nigga 07-20-05 10:02 AM

Wording of text verses is one of the key aspects.

Dabatos 07-20-05 10:06 AM

well everything matters.. but punches do matter most..

King Solo 07-20-05 10:33 AM

first and foremost punches are the main aspect of any battle, after all the idea of battling is to diss your opponents (unless you are battling topical, poetry or gfx) so before anything you must have punches. personal punches are better than standard punches cuz they are more direct in ripping your opponent. next thing is wordplay, throw in some dope wordplay and it makes the punch better. also you dont wanna be basic in your delivery, the more complex the punch is the better, as long as it is funny and not just some gayness. obvioulsy you need to flow well cuz if ya verse aint got no flow then ppl wont wanna read it........flow is more important when you are battling in audio cuz if there is no flow then it is wack....

so to sum up, i wud say punches are more important than flow, however wordplay isnt cuz a verse that is packed with punches and flows well will beat any verse that has punches and wordplay but there is no flow to it.

.Barz Of Steel. 07-20-05 11:20 AM

Flow should be the last thing you worry about after punches and wordplay and creativity.

Nomak.. 07-20-05 11:57 AM

cool, cuz...my opponent got a vote in my battle. & the voter said i had better punches & wordplay & that we were equal. but he gave him the vote cuz he had better flow. thats why i asked.

Immense 07-20-05 12:12 PM

thats dumb...there aint really no flow in text...We could both read the same verse but i could flow it differently....there is no flow...its more of a structure...which is kinda important.....but punches are the most important thing...and wordplay which just makes the punch better........

Viva 07-20-05 12:16 PM

i hate that about the structure tho, because u could have a longer line but it has the same amount of syllables in it or jus flows the same as the first but ppl look at it n think nah ur structures off so u aint gettin my vote! there aint really a such thing as flow in text battlin like immense said

Nynth Degree 07-20-05 12:19 PM

This is like saying "When having sex, does insertion matter?"

Wes City 07-20-05 02:36 PM

you could have the best punch in the world but if you cant word it aka flow than it doesnt matter so techincally yes wording or flow does matter....punches and wording go hand in hand

Blay'all 07-20-05 02:42 PM

yes...................

Magic5 07-21-05 12:42 AM

No such thing as a text flow.

Punches are important.. wordplay is too if you don't use it like a faggot with all these ~~~"~"~~"~"~?~?~~?~?~`/`/`/`'s and shit.

La Cosa Nostra 07-21-05 12:50 AM

:laugh:
Fucken textees..