RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   I had this sudden realization while I was at the chinese joint last night... (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=205325)

Tha Q. 08-21-05 12:58 PM

I had this sudden realization while I was at the chinese joint last night...

I was listening to Grafh on my MP3 while waiting for my food and realized that to get people bumpin and rockin to ya shit, u gotta have hot beats.PERIOD.

Lyrics are fine...Delivery/presence is fine...but if the beat is garbage, all dat other shit don't matter.

Plus, I've heard niggas roll past me in dey rides bumpin some shit I neva heard before. It was obviously some underground shit or even themselves cuz the beat SUCKED. I just stand there thinking, I would NEVER bump dat shit in my ride...

IN the hierarchy of rap music, to get people's heads bumpin and get them to really LISTEN to ya shit, u need BEATS>FLOW/LYRICS>DELIVERY

^Daz how I see it.

Fiend 08-21-05 01:01 PM

i know. i rarely listen to anything that hasnt got a tight/decent beat. i dunno why, if the beat dont sound good i just wont listen to it.

Key... 08-21-05 01:02 PM

Without nice beats there is no music..unless u wanna go poetic way and do spoken words

Tha Q. 08-21-05 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyVision
Without nice beats there is no music..unless u wanna go poetic way and do spoken words

yeeeeeeeeeerp...

but sometimes u gotta have vision too...

some of the Neptunes beats sound like garbage...but then u hear it on the radio 1000000000000000000 times and it aint so bad anymore

Young Montana 08-21-05 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend
i know. i rarely listen to anything that hasnt got a tight/decent beat. i dunno why, if the beat dont sound good i just wont listen to it.

same wit me fa real most of the time....... :thumbup:

Tha Q. 08-21-05 01:17 PM

Young Montana For President!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Young Montana 08-21-05 01:18 PM

^ .....Of course............................................ ..........................lol

La Cosa Nostra 08-21-05 01:27 PM

This is where underground artist's go wrong.

Mass appeal is key whether it fits you or not. But some rappers have different ideals on what makes good music to the norm; its all subjective, but can be influenced if given the right circumstances. Otherwise they just have shitty producers and should look at sacking their dj.

Tha Q. 08-21-05 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
This is where underground artist's go wrong.

Mass appeal is key whether it fits you or not. But some rappers have different ideals on what makes good music to the norm; its all subjective, but can be influenced if given the right circumstances. Otherwise they just have shitty producers and should look at sacking their dj.

my problem with the rationalization of people who call themselves "underground" is that why make music if not to be heard by other people? If they claim they don't want to "sell to mass people", then why SELL music at all? Why not give their music away? I think it's a cop out to call people like Nelly sell-outs because they've managed to stay true to their music and appeal to mass amounts of people. If Jay Z heard me rap and said, "Q, I'm feelin ya shit, but we want you to change a few lyrics so we can put this on the radio." I'd say, "Do what Puffy did to Biggie and bleep it out cuz I ain't changing shit."

Biggie's EXPLICIT ALBUM "Ready 2 Die" even had words bleeped out.

WTF!?!...I've never heard of anything like that in my life. But, I guarantee you Biggie wasn't bout to change shit. When he made radio friendly shit, curse words may have been altered, but the concept was the same.

damn that was a huge tangent

∆ P E X X 08-21-05 01:45 PM

You realized that you need hot beats....wow. What a discovery.

La Cosa Nostra 08-21-05 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday
You realized that you need hot beats....wow. What a discovery.

^What I was gonna say at first before I thought of something constructive to say.

Tha Q. 08-21-05 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
^What I was gonna say at first before I thought of something constructive to say.

actually...I've always known u need hot beats...but I was thinkin how beats are more important in some cases--at least initially--to everything else...gotta hook the person 1st...and that comes with a beat

Tha Q. 08-21-05 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by efecx
lmfao u jus discovered this shit now i thought it was general knowledge my grandad cuda told u that shit

word...does he make beats>?

I need anotha knockin joint

holla