RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Uk Rapper Gets Jay-z’s Interest (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=208009)

AssasSINation 09-09-05 08:57 PM

Uk Rapper Gets Jay-z’s Interest

Lady Sovereign, a White female rapper from the UK, met with Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter in New York City recently and may be signing to his Roc La Familia imprint. According to NME.com, the young lyricist met Carter on Aug. 11 at the Island-Def Jam offices in Manhattan and freestyled at his request. NME reports Carter promised to get her in the studio with Missy Elliot and the Neptunes production team. Whatever comes of the meeting, Lady Sovereign is scheduled to release her single, “Hoodie,” Nov. 7 on a UK-based label, Chocolate Industries

PrahJect 09-10-05 10:07 AM

WHAAAATT!! Ive been in the Uk for a while now and heard some whack music but Lady Sovereign is the shit under the dirty shoe of the UK, she is whack I mean any UK emcee here would agree with me

Immense 09-10-05 10:14 AM

OMFG..^^co-sign....

She is unbelievably untalented...she is white...thinks shes black and she sucks so bad...i wouldnt believe it if someone with as less talent as her got to work with the neptunes...

there are way better female vocalists...shystie,estelle,tempa...ms dynamite is waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy better..she more of a singer though...

lady sovereign is whack..period...

Serial 09-10-05 10:24 AM

Word.

Mary Poppins>Lady S.

You cant fuck with that umbrella... shit is off the chains, son.

leady 09-10-05 10:38 AM

lady sovereign isnt that good to be real, BUT she is safe as fuck, ive met her a few times and i cant knock her as a person but her music is wack, and ive told her that lol but she takes it and keeps doin her so i respect that.

but damn, if she can get signed to roc-a-fella then i should be rich allready

ThA NoToRiOuS D 09-10-05 11:08 AM

das wassup.........she gonna rap here or ova dere???

leady 09-11-05 08:09 AM

miss dynamite is sick at what she does, she raises good points etc but she puts them on beats u can vibe to n not be depressed to etc, ms dynamite is defo the first female i wanna see break america, cos she easily has the skill to do it

13th. 09-11-05 08:14 AM

i hate that beatch, she aint even good:cussing:

Daubs 09-11-05 08:30 AM

OMG...........

Word^.

J.D 09-11-05 12:52 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!! let me put it this way: my grandma cud make better music than lady sovereign looool

leady 09-12-05 06:18 AM

^^ lol

but yea klashnekoff or sum1 else from terrafirma, most like kyza would suit better,n definately sell alot more and respresent the UK ALOT better... thats not female artist, thats just general artist type shit, meh ill stop rambling lol

Critic 09-12-05 07:50 AM

Ha ha ha this girl is wake as fuck she can't even flow right,....
I know loads of girls that would rip her easy dam this shits funny
it can't be true...

leady 09-12-05 08:00 AM

just when i think theres no more UK heads, another one appears lol, theres bare uk mans here its bonkers

Blay'all 09-12-05 08:17 AM

never heard of her....