RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   wow.. guess it got hurd lol.. (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=208399)

Dabatos 09-13-05 12:06 AM

wow.. guess it got hurd lol..

Well you know my song Baby Girl? well yaeh.. in the chorus its sampled from this group called inner-voices who is singing in the chorus.. and the manager of the group sent me a message on myspace saying this.

Quote:
Dear Dabatos,

After hearing your version of Baby Girl, I noticed that you sampled InnerVoices' original song "Baby Girl." Though the group is flattered and humbled by your version, it is there song and has not granted permission for the use. If you are selling copies of this song on your cd. The group is entitled to royalties and credit. Like yourself, InnerVoices work hard to write and produce music and they need to be credited and compensated for their efforts.

This is in no way for you to discontinue the sample. But there are steps to be done before sampling someone else's original material. For now, please remove the track from your myspace until every step is finalized.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Mike T.
Manager
InnerVoices

LoL atleast my song got hurd woo hoo! hahaha

Blay'all 09-13-05 12:46 AM

lmao.... damn Dab!!

TeamOne 09-13-05 12:52 AM

wellllllllllllllllll it sounds like they wanna make it public/commercial...... cuz usually people are pissed off..... they are actually encouraging u to get it out to the public..... which either means they think the song is good and may help them out in fame............ or they are really fucked economically right now

Dabatos 09-13-05 01:07 AM

hahahhahah word ;) lol.. yeah iono.. i guess they like the song.. that song got like hella downloads n plays already ;) lol... woo hoo.. 8,000 plays.. ahhh they made me take out the song from myspace though :( shyt lol

Serial 09-13-05 01:08 AM

You are allowed to use it unless you sellin it or makin money off it, if you arent then they cant do shit about it.

I dont think you even have to remove it from your MySpace cause you dont make money off that site.

Dabatos 09-13-05 01:09 AM

oh yeah huh ahhahaha lol thanx.. imma put it back woo hoo

Zone Out 09-13-05 01:10 AM

fuck them
you not sellin you, you make music just to enjoy it.

Dabatos 09-13-05 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will S.Unyu
fuck them
you not sellin you, you make music just to enjoy it.

hahaha well i do like the group that originally made the song.. maybe i can meet them through this ;) lol....

schema 09-13-05 01:56 AM

if its not a cease and desist letter...and a lawyer didnt write it (evident by the no legal terms and the terrible proofreading)...then it's a joke...

my guess...some kid about your age shot off an email at you...

you can go the nice route if you want but id go the fuck you route unless youre putting it on a cd youre selling...

Ysdat 09-13-05 02:44 AM

hell muther fucking yeh.

That TC style right there. dope shit bro!

Implicit 09-13-05 03:19 AM

leave it on!!! so you can get sued and i can laugh at you.

Ysdat 09-13-05 03:21 AM

^
he wont get sued bro, he wont make royaltys off it, you can use nearly any music/sample if no money is made.

Acuity 09-13-05 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schema
if its not a cease and desist letter...and a lawyer didnt write it (evident by the no legal terms and the terrible proofreading)...then it's a joke...

my guess...some kid about your age shot off an email at you...

you can go the nice route if you want but id go the fuck you route unless youre putting it on a cd youre selling...

^i love this dude..."the fuck you" route lmao...classic

schema blatantly the drunk guy u see on a night out outside a club poppin shit at the popo like "FUCK YALL" den being liek yooooo "I WAS PLAYIN" when they handcuff his ass

lmao @ how random this post is...

leady 09-13-05 04:09 AM

your not making dollar from it so nobdy can do jack shit about it, so put it back up and enjoy it man

Serial 09-13-05 07:36 AM

It also depends on the Agreement you signed at the beginning of signing up to MySpace. If the letters real if the first place, you might have to remove it from that site, depending on there liscence agreement shit, cause on some sites, its just a site thing so they dont get in trouble for allowing you to post unoriginal material.

Its hard to take e-mails seriously tho,.