RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   If You Don't Record Cause Your Audio's Ass... (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=213797)

Phenom-in-all 11-07-05 03:44 AM

If You Don't Record Cause Your Audio's Ass...

... shut the hell up.

I can't believe how many people don't record cause of their quality or whatever. I just want to say - regardless how terrible your equipment is, you CAN make decent music. Peep "You gon love me" on www.soundclick.com/phenominall and listen to that quality. I didn't have a dope mic, and I didn't have a booth, and I didn't have an engineer.

Here's how it was done.

Mic: $4.99 Walmart computer mic

Booth: Driver seat in my whip, laptop on my lap, $15 headphones, holdin microphone.

Beat: Jacked off a p2p.

Program: Cool Edit Pro 2.0 (Which any cat can get free)

Editing tips: Only the ones I pulled off THIS site.

It ain't perfect, but it sounds pretty damn good considering what I used. If your audio is wack, work on some tips or something, cause damn - I didn't have much when I did that, but I worked on jus a few tips, and voila - half decent audio. word.

..Decree.. 11-07-05 03:47 AM

Word to this all ive had is a headset mic 10$ tops an i been recordin since 04 wit half decent quality...

Blay'all 11-07-05 04:17 AM

word, I record with the microphone on the keyboard of my laptop :cool:

Ebircs 11-07-05 05:14 AM

<---Ps2 Socom Mic,Cool edit ,other ppls beats and the alkatrax method !!

Mad Dog 11-07-05 05:14 AM

< use socom headset (PS2) quality is :hump:

Ebircs 11-07-05 05:24 AM

lol, ^^ no doubt..gota b grimy to push that bullshit !!

Tha Q. 11-07-05 05:39 AM

well...I started out with a cheap ass computer mic with a toilet roll on top of it covered in nylons as a pop filter...Then, I switched to the standard Radio shack dynamic mic....Now, I'm using a condenser mic and my editing/mixing technique has elevated as well = good quality.

So, jus keep recording...I agree, NO EXCUSES.

Key... 11-07-05 05:46 AM

Phenom is a hope giver..lol

La Cosa Nostra 11-07-05 08:34 AM

I aint been recording cause my computer straight up just wont record...

Theres some other rapper in my area I'm gonna go round to his place once my demo is written and record all my tracks using his shit....

Mad Dog 11-07-05 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
well...I started out with a cheap ass computer mic with a toilet roll on top of it covered in nylons as a pop filter...Then, I switched to the standard Radio shack dynamic mic....Now, I'm using a condenser mic and my editing/mixing technique has elevated as well = good quality.

So, jus keep recording...I agree, NO EXCUSES.

I did too...but before i started rapping with it i needed a shit...and that was the only bit of loo paper i had left...so i bought the socom mic coz it meant less hassle when needing to supply the mic of bog roll...now i have a reminder on my toilet that says "fill up" when i'm down to my last roll :thumbup:

Nynth Degree 11-07-05 01:02 PM

I don't record on my computer because the quality's shit. But that's only my personal preference, as I like my music to sound good. However, I do have access to places where recording quality is a lot better, so I choose to record there instead.

Ltizzle 11-07-05 01:12 PM

lol word everyone be raggin on me cause my quality every time im on a track...
shit dont stop me from spittin though :cool:

Past Tense 11-07-05 05:03 PM

yeah that sounds pretty good for what it is but you cant stop my mixing skills when i record with that kinda mic

G Deuce 11-07-05 05:33 PM

Shit, that was similar to my set up, and niggas couldnt get pass "your quality is not that great" when they drop a response on my songs. You would think that they would know that a person would notice that after so many tracks.

.Ike. 11-07-05 05:39 PM

yea my quality is ass....everyone check here... www.soundclick.com/youngike