RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Anybody here breakdance!? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=213839)

Viva 11-07-05 03:41 PM

Anybody here breakdance!?

well? like the title says! do ya!? lol

if so, how'd ya get started, who taught u? wat moves can u do (if u no the names which u should!) and do u think its a case of technique and skill over strength?

leady 11-07-05 03:46 PM

strength plays a HUGE part in it.. but u also need to be agile have a good technique and skill is down to wat u know and are able to do.. i dnt do it myself but wit breakin bein a big part of hip hop here i know quite alot of ppl that do

New Meth0d 11-07-05 03:51 PM

I used to be good at breakdancing then i dislocated my shoulder and cant do it anymore

Zone Out 11-07-05 04:03 PM

not unless your real name is Dance.

Viva 11-07-05 04:43 PM

^^^^^^^^^^...............:huh:

so anyways, yeah thats shit NM, leady, didnt no u a b-boy! lol did u jus teach urself?

Compose 11-07-05 04:45 PM

OMB does...

I would like to know this too, I've always been interested in breakin, but hes in Austraillia so everytime hes on aim im asleep and shit :(.

Viva 11-07-05 04:47 PM

lmao yeah the difference in timezones on this board sux lol.

but yeah, im really interested in it, i used to prefer graff and rap but im jus tryna explore every aspect of hip hop a little deeper. i got a few books and im gettin a LOT of dvds on breakdance, so im jus interested.

Indeph 11-07-05 04:48 PM

I don't break dance. But I know how to pull up my pants.

Viva 11-07-05 04:49 PM

im so happy for u. lol

Past Tense 11-07-05 04:58 PM

I dont but my dad was one of the best breakdancers there was in his area of cali....but he passed away when i was young..i heard about it..and i'mma see tapes

Terumoto 11-07-05 05:04 PM

Strength CAN play a big part in it, but it doesnt have to. Mostly its balance and technique, but some freezes and power moves require a bit of strength... the thing is, if you practice them enough your body adapts to using those muscles, and you get stronger anyway.

Im not gonna go in depth, if you want me to, let me know, but heres the shit you should work on.

1. toprock and six step
2. turtle freeze and handstand
3. turtles and handglides
4. windmills

^that is sort of the quickest path to becoming a decent bboy... If you're looking to impress people, and you're impatient, turtles and windmills are the go. I suggest you look into other easy moves while you're learning those, as well.

Past Tense 11-07-05 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Man Band
Strength CAN play a big part in it, but it doesnt have to. Mostly its balance and technique, but some freezes and power moves require a bit of strength... the thing is, if you practice them enough your body adapts to using those muscles, and you get stronger anyway.

Im not gonna go in depth, if you want me to, let me know, but heres the shit you should work on.

1. toprock and six step
2. turtle freeze and handstand
3. turtles and handglides
4. windmills

^that is sort of the quickest path to becoming a decent bboy... If you're looking to impress people, and you're impatient, turtles and windmills are the go. I suggest you look into other easy moves while you're learning those, as well.

lol i remember that video you sent me with you breakdancing LMAO that was funny but u had a killer moon walk at the end

Terumoto 11-07-05 05:08 PM

oh yeah and as for where to learn, try to steer clear of the internet... often its full of posers and bullshitters who are 12 years old. But if you really insist, go to like b-boys.com or something.

also, try to find some friends to do it with, cos then it gets a billion times funner and easier.

and let me just warn you, you're gonna get reeeeaaally well aquainted to cardboard -_-

leady 11-07-05 05:14 PM

also be prepared to get plenty of bruises wen u practice