RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   The reason why most people's quality sucks (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=214767)

∆ P E X X 11-16-05 10:34 PM

The reason why most people's quality sucks

isn't 100% based on the mic, it's based on their play-back hardware. Your headphones/speakers/clockradio/2 cups and a string isn't tell you MAD shit about your vocals that you can't hear on that shitty set-up. Notice you don't sound in the speakers, the way you sound in your head listening to your voice? The fact is that, you do. The truth is you need more acurate sound monitoring before you turn or touch a single setting on ANYTHING. Spending money on some good headphones (no, nothing form radioshack, coconuts, walmart, or the convenience store is "good") etc alone will make your quality take a massive jump - IF you know what to do with the settings that is. But no one wants to hear that, they want peopel to be like "yeah, go get a great mic!" but you're still listening through an innacurate source.

Hit a music supply store and invest in some good headphones first and foremost. THEN a mic. Be prepared to spend at least $50 for some "good" ones, $100 for "great" ones and about 250+ for "the best" ones. The shit you got from the local fleemarket or generic electronics store = "crap" in the $20 or less range. Look for something that covers your entire ear and dosen't let much outside noise in or out. Make sure it's comfy too since you might be wearing em for hours. And before you know it, your tracks AND your ability to master your own shit will jump dramatically. Cut out that variable since it's a major one.

Just thought I'd share. Uno.

Compose 11-16-05 10:37 PM

I bought 50$ ones at BestBuy a while ago, with the cusion and covers the whole ear =/

∆ P E X X 11-16-05 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
I bought 50$ ones at BestBuy a while ago, with the cusion and covers the whole ear =/

what make/model are they?

Sean Gunner 11-16-05 10:43 PM

Good point, I better add $50 headphones to my Xmas list. Grandma!

B-MAC 11-16-05 10:45 PM

word i got a pair of Koss UR/29.. there pretty bomb...

KOOL COL-B 11-16-05 10:52 PM

i use my bruthaz hedphones, theyre made by jensen, he paid like $50 fo them. but fo now, i record wif a hedset mic n tha hedphones in them r broke, so i gotta use lil $9 hedphones cuz they fit under tha hedset hedphones so tha mic iz still in tha right place. i must look so fucking retarded wif that shit on, werd

..Decree.. 11-16-05 10:58 PM

Yea i was at best buy lookin at studio headphones other day model ARH450 way i see it is if you serious about this game than dont half ass it an expect professional results nah mean..=1=

Past Tense 11-16-05 11:01 PM

i got some Sennheiser HD 202 Headphones they were 50 bucks and a Mic stand that was 30 its real high tech and ish.... i gotta Behringer C1 and a Euroback UB802 Mixer yeah it all costs up too about 300-400 dollars...weerd..i just need too master my mixng more but its gettin better

∆ P E X X 11-16-05 11:06 PM

nice nice, good to see some people taking pride in their sound rather than a 'good enough" attitude about it. Almost bings a tear to my eye.

Almost.

Past Tense 11-16-05 11:07 PM

Well its funny how kids think its cool too just getta computer mic and what not when they first start..but that gets old hearing clicks and pops and what not...man they should at least upgrade too a dynamic SHURE SM58 i dont like dynamic mics tho.....but yeah i'm going too get an AKG 6000 tommorow i think thats the name i'm not sure..or a NT1

Spektikul 11-16-05 11:11 PM

Fuck quality...

Tracks sound dope when it sounds like the artist is in a cave underwater while its raining.

Jeaaaaaaaa...........

Past Tense 11-16-05 11:12 PM

^^ lol no......

Spektikul 11-16-05 11:14 PM

^ "YEEEEEAAAAAAAYYYYYUUUUUUUHHHHHHH!!!"

-Lil Jon.

Past Tense 11-16-05 11:18 PM

LMAO Man just imagine this Lil Jon walkin into a room den like EVERYONE YELLIN "YEAHHHHHHHHHH" man...if i was lil jon i'd be sayin "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
But yeah crunk juice is gross pimp juice is good tho......

Zone Out 11-17-05 12:48 AM

my quality isnt the best, but its pretty good.
Im sastisfied with it.
*shrugs*