RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Please don't laugh me out but.... (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=215765)

M.C. Streak 11-28-05 03:38 PM

Please don't laugh me out but....

...I have a question...

How do you flwo to a beat exactly what is it in the beat that a rapper would time it a certain way or how to rap?

Do I need to elaborate...?

Past Tense 11-28-05 03:40 PM

lmao man u gotta practice by what you write try too write to the beat..like everyclap is a line say thats an example so just rap by that.....just write and try too get it too a beat now how do you write your lines exactly?? some people cram all there words together and it sounds like crap try writing line by line...no what i mean.......and......it depends on what beat u spitten on..it takes a while too adapt a flow..i still aint got mine right yet

Ysdat 11-28-05 03:40 PM

you just need to have a ear for music and sound. Some people can ride the beat and bounce off each kick. Some guys are illiterate to sound and can seem to find there timing and listen to the wrong thing.
Your kinda just gotta get up and be overlly confident and act like a showman rather than a intimdated kid.

p.s

ahahahaahahahahahahahahahahah

M.C. Streak 11-28-05 03:57 PM

what about when your freestyling, that's the hardest shit ever to flow on the beat..

Past Tense 11-28-05 03:59 PM

freestyling aint really cant really get help but just try too expand ur vocab so u dont use the same words over and over and just let it come off the tip of ur tounge

Ysdat 11-28-05 04:00 PM

dont listen to past tense, he history.

You simply need a ear for music bro, if you dont have it then try to pick it up quick. Listen for beat change ups and tempo switches. I feel gay for saying this, but when learning to use a beat, you will most proberly find a lill jon beat easiest, simply cause they are so wack they consist of the same bass line thru out the enitre thing, except maybe intro and outro.

Or, you could stay old school and just accapella rap. :thumbup:

Past Tense 11-28-05 04:01 PM

^^man shut up thats the advice i got from a professional freestyler so wtf are u smokin :(

Lyriclesolja 11-28-05 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past Tense
lmao man u gotta practice by what you write try too write to the beat..like everyclap is a line say thats an example so just rap by that.....just write and try too get it too a beat now how do you write your lines exactly?? some people cram all there words together and it sounds like crap try writing line by line...no what i mean.......and......it depends on what beat u spitten on..it takes a while too adapt a flow..i still aint got mine right yet

word up man practice practice practice as much as you can...youlll eventualy get it...

Sean Gunner 11-28-05 06:12 PM

Don't worry man, flow is one of the hardest things to be good at in rap.

Honestly, it's all about ear and how you put accents on your words. One easy way is to say the word that is gonna be rhymed a little louder and more emotion. Most people listen for the pause in a beat, and right before the pause they say the word that will be rhymed. Best thing is to just practice freestyling and record it and let people hear your flow and tell you how it sounds. Develop your own style, cuz flow is one thing that needs to be switched for beats, and if you do it the same, your music tires out and eventually becomes boring.

Tha Q. 11-28-05 06:14 PM

I guess it's just like dancing = rhythm

no two people dance alike, but two people can still have RHYTHM to the same beat

figure it out

M.C. Streak 11-28-05 09:02 PM

people say it's to the drums but us ut also to the other instuments in the beat?

Sean Gunner 11-28-05 09:04 PM

Going off the drums will make your flow repetitive and boring. It's really waiting for the right spot. You gotta listen to the beat and find it. I listen to beats at least 3-4 times before writing anything.

La Cosa Nostra 11-28-05 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. Streak
...I have a question...

How do you flwo to a beat exactly what is it in the beat that a rapper would time it a certain way or how to rap?

Do I need to elaborate...?

Ok, I'll try and not tell you the truth about how pathetically stupid this thread is...

Basically, you need to learn bar set ups and like Ysdat said, you have to have an ear for staying within a certain rhythem in each bar you write.

Some people have it, some dont... Some can learn, some cant... Practice is the only way to find out tho n00b...

Mentalz 11-28-05 09:24 PM

Smoke a blunt and throw on some Jurassic 5.

If that doesnt work, never touch the mic again.

Pop Lotty 11-28-05 10:06 PM

Find the snare...