RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   The Scarlet Letter (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=215950)

Magic5 12-01-05 01:03 AM

The Scarlet Letter

Has anybody ever read this book? I just wrote a literary analysis on its use of symbolism, and the change of the "meaning" of the "A" that Hester is forced to wear.

It's a pretty good book.

What'd you guys think about it?

Blay'all 12-01-05 01:06 AM

yeah, its a pretty intellectual book and theres alot u could write about symbolism, ect. but you still sounded like u were just trying to sound smart in the internet by talking about how u just wrote a literary analysis and shit :bored:

La Cosa Nostra 12-01-05 01:08 AM

I hate it......

Not enough sex scenes and violence.......

Magic5 12-01-05 01:08 AM

Uhh.. I would have been trying to sound smart if I actually posted my literary analysis. I just stated that I read the book and did a report on it, meaning I'm acquainted with the text.. so if somebody here actually gave a shit about decent literature I could hold up a decent conversation.

Magic5 12-01-05 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
I hate it......

Not enough sex scenes and violence.......

Yeah, right. You know you love it.

Blay'all 12-01-05 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
Uhh.. I would have been trying to sound smart if I actually posted my literary analysis. I just stated that I read the book and did a report on it, meaning I'm acquainted with the text.. so if somebody here actually gave a shit about decent literature I could hold up a decent conversation.

yeah, i'm just sayin ask for a discussion about the book, you dont have to state that you just wrote a literary analysis on it :bored:

but whatever, no hate, i dont give a shit.. its a decent book

La Cosa Nostra 12-01-05 01:16 AM

Yeah mim...

Stop making yourself look smart...

Start bashing your head against the wall and dribbling right now.......Just to make blay feel less inferior...

Blay'all 12-01-05 01:19 AM

^whatever man

its so funny the way u people sit around and act like ur smart because u can type big words on the keyboard or somethin... go out and get educated, go to school... something

Magic5 12-01-05 01:23 AM

Uhh.. Is showing a wide range of vocabulary not smart? I obviously go to school. Do you really think I'd write a fucking literary analysis on a book for the fun of it?

Like, "Man, I'm bored as fuck. Let me write a literary analysis and describe symbolism in The Scarlet Letter! WHOO!"

..What the fuck is that? Do you do that in your free time or something?

Blay'all 12-01-05 01:25 AM

Quote:
Uhh.. Is showing a wide range of vocabulary not smart? I obviously go to school. Do you really think I'd write a fucking literary analysis on a book for the fun of it?

Like, "Man, I'm bored as fuck. Let me write a literary analysis and describe symbolism in The Scarlet Letter! WHOO!"

..What the fuck is that? Do you do that in your free time or something?

nah man, i know you do, and i wasnt attacking you at all
sorry i shouldnt have said "you people"

Nos attacked me, and i was responding to him
i said no hate to you, you never attacked me at all

Magic5 12-01-05 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL4Y
yeah, i'm just sayin ask for a discussion about the book, you dont have to state that you just wrote a literary analysis on it :bored:

but whatever, no hate, i dont give a shit.. its a decent book

The point wasn't the literary analysis. The point was the topic that it was on. Symbolism is one of the defining factors of the book, and I just wanted to see what people's opinions were on it.. not dumb asses being like "Yo, why did you say that you actually did homework?! WHAT DA FUCK?!"

Blay'all 12-01-05 01:28 AM

Quote:
The point wasn't the literary analysis. The point was the topic that it was on. Symbolism is one of the defining factors of the book, and I just wanted to see what people's opinions were on it.. not dumb asses being like "Yo, why did you say that you actually did homework?! WHAT DA FUCK?!"

lmao.... word
read what i just said above tho

TeamOne 12-01-05 01:57 AM

you talkin about........ adultress (sp?) to able.......... nice

47.29" of Zigs 12-01-05 03:38 AM

Quote:
Has anybody ever read this book? I just wrote a literary analysis on its use of symbolism, and the change of the "meaning" of the "A" that Hester is forced to wear.

It's a pretty good book.

What'd you guys think about it?

its a fucking good ass book