RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   so yeh... Im going in the booth (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=216598)

E.C 12-08-05 06:01 PM

so yeh... Im going in the booth

n i dont know what to expect...

going like once every 2 weeks... gonna get my demo done distribute it get some performances going if i can...

but yeh ive never been in a booth before so whats it like n got any tips n shit that i might need to know :huh:

.Ike. 12-08-05 06:03 PM

first song i ever recorded was in the booth lol....

umm...id just say stay relaxed....dont get nervous cause people are watching...

E.C 12-08-05 06:05 PM

lol lucky twat..

cheers for the advice... any more?

Sean Gunner 12-08-05 09:49 PM

Only thing I can tell you is to just get into the song and what you wrote.

Zone Out 12-09-05 12:03 AM

do what you do, son

Mad Dog 12-09-05 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Chappelle
The Only Thing I Can Tell You Is That He's Gay...GAY GAY GAY

good enough????

Dabatos 12-09-05 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invektive
first song i ever recorded was in the booth lol....

umm...id just say stay relaxed....dont get nervous cause people are watching...

yeah that exactly.. but also.. since u only have a few hours.. dont show up to it not knowing how to spit ur song into the mic. but yeah just stay calm like he said and g'd luck

Nynth Degree 12-09-05 02:18 PM

All you can expect, is that you're gonna record a song. It's just like using the little headset mic at the computer, except you don't have to hold the mic to the side because there'll be a pop filter...and there'll be other people around.

distilled 12-09-05 02:36 PM

Dont be afraid of fuckin up.

.Judicial. 12-09-05 03:46 PM

^^true dat...you gotta tell them what you wanna do..be in control dont go in there with a little pad and a pen and be waitin for them, go in there with the shit in your head and tell em how you want your shit then just throw down....and if you fuck up tell em to start it ova....

New Meth0d 12-09-05 04:35 PM

your gonna be in a booth, its that simple... just spit into the mic, its like your in a small room...ITS A BOOTH

Tremendous 12-09-05 05:13 PM

I suggest read some books and no what to expect and if you want to save money, try to get the beat and write a verse and memorize it before you go to the studio and pay for time, that way you could go straight into recording, and do some addlibs and let whoever studio your in do the rest,

Also if your gonna do shows try exercising that ay you wont get tired, also learn as much as you can while in the studios

as far as a demo make it 4 to 6 songs, and if you need some label/A&R/ and other directories here's my aim "yourboygerald"

.Ike. 12-09-05 05:58 PM

*feels lucky that he had a "booth" all of his life...but only started getting in it recently*

E.C 12-10-05 02:55 PM

its free stufdio time i dont have to pay....

Ysdat 12-10-05 03:16 PM

get drunk .