RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Favorite Underground Artists? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=216642)

Nynth Degree 12-09-05 01:37 PM

Favorite Underground Artists?

[Besides Immortal Technique and Canibus.] Just curious as to who likes the lesser known hip hop. Also, I might see a few names I'm not too familiar with, and find a new artist that I like. [This thread may very well be closed at some point, for a reason I don't know yet.]

List 'em off, folks.

Compose 12-09-05 01:49 PM

Chino XL, Dead Prez, Eyedea, Jean Grae, Jedi Mind Tricks, Royce Da 5'9", Louis Logic, Celph Titled (those last 2 & Jean Grae basically cuz of you, and shit)

I would say Talib Kweli and Mos Def too but theyre not that underground I dont think.

Daubs 12-09-05 01:50 PM

Klashnekoff
Jehst
Kyza

Nynth Degree 12-09-05 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
I would say Talib Kweli and Mos Def too but theyre not that underground I dont think.

They're in that genre of mainstream artists who aren't really commercial, sorta like Canibus during his first 2 albums. So it's like semi-underground, I'd say.

Wicked One 12-09-05 03:52 PM

Hmmm...Chamillionarie (But now hes well known n shit), Talib Kweli, Royce Da 5'9, Tech Nine, Wordsworth, Aseop Rock, Atmosphere, Kyza, Chino XL, Jean Grae..But more but i listen to them the most..

Blay'all 12-09-05 04:53 PM

of course Talib & Mos Def if they're considered underground, Chino XL, Immortal Technique, Royce Da 5'9, Atmosphere

J.D 12-09-05 05:18 PM

tonedeff, apathy, rise, celph titled, louis logic, dilated peoples, zion-i, klasnekoff (uk emcee), aesop rock, murs, slug, mc juice, jeru the damaja, pack fm........

Indeph 12-09-05 05:38 PM

Chino XL, Dead Prez, Eyedea, Jean Grae, Jedi Mind Tricks, Royce Da 5'9", Louis Logic, Celph Titled (those last 2 & Jean Grae basically cuz of you, and shit)

M.C. Streak 12-09-05 06:29 PM

Dead Prez, Jedi mind Tricks, Non-Phixion, Circle of Tyrants on the most part but other than that tha's the underground material i listen to mostly.

Zone Out 12-09-05 07:05 PM

Joe Budden
the best out right now

Ebircs 12-09-05 07:19 PM

Pa-fuckin-poose !!!!

M.C. Streak 12-09-05 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cho-Kahn MiWang
Pa-fuckin-poose !!!!

o yea i forgot him, he's ill...Joe Budden is nice as well but overrated.

Lyriclesolja 12-09-05 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. Streak
Dead Prez, Jedi mind Tricks, Non-Phixion, Circle of Tyrants on the most part but other than that tha's the underground material i listen to mostly.

exactly.....oh and you forgot Necro

M.C. Streak 12-09-05 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyriclesolja
exactly.....oh and you forgot Necro

Necro is a part of circle of tyrants

Lyriclesolja 12-09-05 07:42 PM

well other people dont know that!!!