RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   The Rush Ent. & DefJam? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=217328)

∆ P E X X 12-16-05 06:02 PM

The Rush Ent. & DefJam?

Just got the news yesterday that Ox got the Internship at Island Def Jam (New York Office) next to the Director of Promotions who will be taking him under his wing and opening the doors. Of course you already know, this means tremendously great things for us. Cut out countless middle men, a good few A/R's and who knows how much politics on any material we drop to get heard by someone important. Of course, we must now drop only Straight A work, which for us isn't a problem A-tall. We get access to information on up and coming emcees form all over the country (because what oy don't know is that labels sell artists UNSIGNED artists to competing labels, since they're all connected), but better still, we get access to numerous mainstream artists managers A/R's and shot callers so we can branch out our Album-shopping and marketing a LOT more efficiently and effectively over a way wider spectrum. Yup. It's so true. All good things come to those who wait.

Also, speaking of waiting, some of yall might remember a thread I posted up about "would you become an intern at a record label", well, the reason being is that The Rush Ent. is getting our actual physical studio space with our long time sister company owned by producer G-Wiz so this works out very well for the both of us. Damn, it's just the beginning yall. It's just the beginning...

Yup. The Rush.

noname 12-16-05 06:07 PM

Fuck you :thumbup:

.Ike. 12-16-05 06:07 PM

word....good luck with that man

*remembers saying that i would be an intern* lol

word....hope it works out for the best

KOOL COL-B 12-16-05 06:09 PM

deyum, good luck wif that shit mayn.

We get access to information on up and coming emcees form all over the country

do they got any shit bout any canadian artists? j/w, werd

Indeph 12-16-05 06:25 PM

Tell jigga that I wanna battle him.

J. Luth 12-16-05 06:28 PM

word dope shit man. KEep doing that shit, get yourself on BET and shit. Knock mariah off #1 on 106 and park. word ~_~

13th. 12-16-05 06:45 PM

LMAO hope ya reach the best ya can do dawg!!

Go for it!!!:thumbup:

∆ P E X X 12-16-05 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOOL COL-B
deyum, good luck wif that shit mayn.

We get access to information on up and coming emcees form all over the country

do they got any shit bout any canadian artists? j/w, werd

First up, lemme say thanks to everyone for the support man. I definitely reall appreciate it. For a bunch of people who've never met and for them to still have support for one another's struggle is a beautiful thing.

But to your question Colby.

Good Question, but I doubt it. All the Labels in the US are connected through a sytem called the juggle. Lets say bad boy just dropped an atrist that's real grimey and hard-edged, like a beanie Siegel, styles P, etc essentially. Now Bad Boy also has an artist that was speaking to them the entire time that's the "next Generation" of that style, but they obviously can't put him out as their next artist because he's competing with another artist on the label's style (a Loon and Mase situation) so bad Boy signs him and buys him as a finished product and shops him out to Arista, DefJam, UMG, etc, one of em buys him, sets him up a direct competitor of that artist on their NEXT album, and boom, they both make more money by far. The old artist is fresh again now and the new artist comes in strong. Joe buddens was this to Jay Z (remember their micro-beef that they said wans't really a beef?), J-Mills is trying to be this to Cassidy, Game was this to 50ยข (Game is the embodiment of a West Coast 50) and so on and so fourth. Rap is a business. Yay.

KOOL COL-B 12-16-05 06:56 PM

ohh, nice. smart thinking.

*off topic*

wuts good wif tha RG? u check tha diss tracks yet?

werd

ksr 12-16-05 06:58 PM

good luck wit this fam, cant do ane better than def jam :thumbup:

∆ P E X X 12-16-05 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOOL COL-B
ohh, nice. smart thinking.

*off topic*

wuts good wif tha RG? u check tha diss tracks yet?

werd

Nope, but I will later tonight.

Xplosive, thanks for the support fam.

Past Tense 12-16-05 07:28 PM

thats pretty dope

Magic5 12-16-05 09:56 PM

Yeah, good luck.. homie?

Blay'all 12-16-05 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusade
Tell jigga that I wanna battle him.

lmao, damn... Deph a G