RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Getting Signed... (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=221055)

Spektikul 01-31-06 12:35 PM

Getting Signed...

...is played as fuck.

Rap for the music or dont at all.

word bitches. :bored:

*SmokeSomething* 01-31-06 12:37 PM

fuck gettin signed do like me , get alll ya nigga that can rap and start a label sign yourself

*nuffsaid*

leady 01-31-06 12:45 PM

too many people dont understand this rap shit and do it for the money, i do it for the love of it... i got a lable puttin my cd out but after that, im setting up some savings and setting my lable up properly.

*SmokeSomething* 01-31-06 12:52 PM

now thats some grown man shit ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

leady 01-31-06 01:23 PM

ye man... looking into it, im probably gonna have to take out a nice fat loan to help me lol

Acuity 01-31-06 01:25 PM

in the UK, "getting signed" sint as advamtageous as in the USA..the majority of artists are signed to independant and indie labels and have prospered and developed from it...

leady 01-31-06 01:36 PM

indipendant labels and indie labels = the same thing... indie being an abreviation for indipendant

Ysdat 01-31-06 03:54 PM

this guy correcting him,but failed to spell it right.

Im not stressing bout getting signed, but if it comes my way then fuck yeh.

Da Fox 01-31-06 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Money
fuck gettin signed do like me , get alll ya nigga that can rap and start a label sign yourself

*nuffsaid*

i feel ya on that shit

.Ike. 01-31-06 04:52 PM

*does it for the money*

Speats 01-31-06 04:56 PM

speaking of getting signed, i almost got signed last week, and the music industry is just fucked up, they wanted to change everything single thing, they wanted to tell me what too writt about and all. so imma stick to havin fun with my home equipement

L.E 01-31-06 05:20 PM

-Has rejected two indy deals-

The people wanted me just because I beat one of their arists in a freestyle battle...never heard a track of mine before.

So I was like fuck that.

La Cosa Nostra 01-31-06 08:13 PM

You new age fools..

I'm lookin to do it like the old days... Get signed to a decent size label on a 1 to 2 cd contract and use the exposure to later jump onto a bigger label so I can start fucking with TV charts and music awards...

None of this "ooh I just wanna stay indie cause I wanna make music for the love of it" horsecrap.. I make music cause its what I love doing, but it aint gonna stop me trying to take my artform to a higher level and start living lux on this shit if I can........

Sean Gunner 01-31-06 08:18 PM

If people do it just for the love, then your indie labels will die.

BigTony.Self 01-31-06 08:19 PM

indie can make u more money than some large lables they pay moreper cd with out the middle shit its just alot tougher to get ya name out but cats like royce 5.9 is bankin hard change CHA CHING