RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Ground Hog Day (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=221195)

Tha Q. 02-02-06 09:01 AM

Ground Hog Day

ummm...what's up with us being lied to as children about the significance of groundhog day. I'm sure everyone here was taught that if the ground hog sees his shadow, there will be 6 more weeks of winter. Growing up, every year I would pray the groundhog didn't see his shadow so it could be spring time. Well, winter has always, and will always be the same amount of time EVERY year. Why do people insist on perpetuating that folk tale?

ugh

For the record, the groundhog DID see his shadow. Looks like we'll have winter until at least March 22, you know, the day winter ends EVERY YEAR!

Boo to:

Ground hog day

Tooth Fairy

Santa Clause

Will Sun's rapping skills...

^^You know, things that don't really exist!

lol....heheh

j/k

:thumbup: :nono: :hump: :evilgrin:

L. Veracity 02-02-06 09:05 AM

nobody cares about that shit here in houston, since I left New York I forgot that Groundhog's Day existed lmao...but yeah it is one of those fables...nyce list of additional ones too :thumbup: especially that last one, lmao

additions to list:

Easter Bunny -&- Will's heterosexuality

Blay'all 02-02-06 09:09 AM

Yeah, I've always thought that Santa Claus is absolutely wrong in every aspect of the term when you're looking at the Holiday of Christmas. First of all, it's a complete lie (against the Bible) and it takes the whole attention of Christmas off of Christ, one of the major things the Church is trying to fight.

Young_law 02-02-06 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
ummm...what's up with us being lied to as children about the significance of groundhog day. I'm sure everyone here was taught that if the ground hog sees his shadow, there will be 6 more weeks of winter. Growing up, every year I would pray the groundhog didn't see his shadow so it could be spring time. Well, winter has always, and will always be the same amount of time EVERY year. Why do people insist on perpetuating that folk tale?

ugh

For the record, the groundhog DID see his shadow. Looks like we'll have winter until at least March 22, you know, the day winter ends EVERY YEAR!

Boo to:

Ground hog day

Tooth Fairy

Santa Clause

Will Sun's rapping skills...

^^You know, things that don't really exist!

lol....heheh

j/k

:thumbup: :nono: :hump: :evilgrin:

am i the only one who bussed up laffin when i saw that HAHAHAHA

Nynth Degree 02-02-06 12:19 PM

Stop hating. Bill Murray was dope in Groundhog Day.

High-Dro 02-02-06 12:30 PM

r u retarded?? it doesnt mean the season is over...its sposed to mean that winter WEATHER is over....and its hardly directed at children

hot 02-02-06 12:33 PM

and its always bullshit cuz you know the worst is yet to come
we've only had one blizzard in new england so.......aint shit over
fuck a ground hog

Indeph 02-02-06 12:37 PM

Yeah like that time where I put ice in orange juice. Oh the laughs.

And groundhog day is just a government plot to destroy the weatherman's cred so they can lead us to believe any type of weather is ahead. :mad:

Spektikul 02-02-06 12:38 PM

We be getting an early spring over herrrrrrrrre.

Woot Woot.

High-Dro 02-02-06 12:39 PM

lol..weve only had 2 blizzards in NS which is crazy

Tha Q. 02-02-06 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~High-Dro~
r u retarded?? it doesnt mean the season is over...its sposed to mean that winter WEATHER is over....and its hardly directed at children

NO...are you retarded?

I'm not even going to explain what I know to you.

yuck mouth lookin mofo

Zone Out 02-02-06 02:32 PM

yeah niggas BETTER be just kiddin
lol

but yo
that dike bitch doesnt want it
she'll talk a good game, but thats it. She has NO rappin abilities AT ALL.
Her voice sounds..like...a new form of sound that annoys everyone

Terumoto 02-03-06 01:13 AM

I'll tell you one thing, Santa is a fuckin cunt.

When I have kids, ima say here, these are gifts from ME, YOUR LOVING FATHER. Not some fat, happy, glory-stealing bastard.

DoContinue 02-03-06 01:36 AM

tha groundhogs day movie was funny...bill murray committed suicide like 12 times!! lmao
that part was funny. and then when he started trippin people in the diner... but anyways, i never really knew the significance of the day. is it like, if he DOESNT see his shadow, then it gets warm outsidE?

Valerie 02-03-06 02:03 AM

6 weeks of winter :banghead: