RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Which coast is runnin da rap game right now? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=221513)

Tha Conflict 02-06-06 06:46 PM

Which coast is runnin da rap game right now?

Everybody say what chu feel

money 02-06-06 06:48 PM

houston maybe. idk what ever SIDE lol you consider that.

Nynth Degree 02-06-06 06:51 PM

Commercially - No side, everybody's starting to disappoint me nowadays.
Underground - Probably the West. Busdriver and Murs both put out some of the best albums of 2005, but I think the East Coast is soon to make a comeback. Louis Logic and Joe Budden are both expected to drop some pretty good records in '06.

Maniacal Woe 02-07-06 12:21 AM

The east coast is handlin business. Period.

GKillaz05 02-07-06 01:22 AM

I agree with Mexican. Swisha House seems to have it. Paul Wall is one of the best out there right now, the whole Swisha House camp it pretty decent.

dazy 02-07-06 01:38 AM

i say no coast it winnin this game and if i had to guess it would be swisha house too the r doing really good

Indeph 02-07-06 01:41 AM

Definetly the midwest. Eminem, kanye, common, Indeph, me, rhymefest, indeph.

J. Luth 02-07-06 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Degree
Commercially - No side, everybody's starting to disappoint me nowadays.
Underground - Probably the West. Busdriver and Murs both put out some of the best albums of 2005, but I think the East Coast is soon to make a comeback. Louis Logic and Joe Budden are both expected to drop some pretty good records in '06.

word, can't wait till that drop. "Misery Loves Company" is name I think. iunno.... but should be illness. ~_~

Blay'all 02-07-06 09:05 AM

Commercially: South, no doubt. Just listen to the radio, we runnin shit.

Underground: East easily. West and Midwest may be making movements, but they are just considered movements against the East's dominance in underground shit. Just Up-STATE NY is fuckin killin every other region as a WHOLE.

Nynth Degree 02-07-06 09:21 AM

As far as the mixtape circuit goes, the East has it locked. But the underground scene is always changing.

Mc Wicked 02-07-06 09:29 AM

this is kind of a stupid question if ur talking comercially.... that deffinantly the south

but my favorite spot right now is the midwest they got all my favorite rappers.
Tech N9ne, Kanya, Twista, Esham, Natas.

I would like to see the west come back but only if the Game isnt responsible...Id like to see Yukmouth get the credit he deserves

$howtim3 02-07-06 03:15 PM

deffinetly am going to say midwest. swishahouse is takin over too. no doubt about that.

Mentor 02-07-06 04:55 PM

will the most successful as of right now in the mainstream is houston and swisha house but they wack as fuck i dont see why everybodys on their nutz the eastcoast/wetcoast is the best no doubt but eastcoast is slightly better

Labels 02-07-06 05:13 PM

3RD Coast ............ Down SOuth....

$howtim3 02-07-06 05:36 PM

south is deffinetly making a rise. before all you heard was east coast and west coast...south coast?