RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   (( NOTE: The Grammy committee proves every year that they know NOTHING about rap/hip- (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=221677)

tornado480 02-09-06 12:07 AM

(( NOTE: The Grammy committee proves every year that they know NOTHING about rap/hip-

(( NOTE: The Grammy committee proves every year that they know NOTHING about rap/hip-hop. And this year's list of nominees proves to be no different ))

Best Rap Solo Performance

Testify - Common

Mockingbird - Eminem

Disco Inferno - 50 Cent

Number One Spot - Ludacris

U Don't Know Me - T.I.

Gold Digger - Kanye West

( the fact that they have 6 nominees in this category, should tell you who will win )

My Pick: U Don't Know Me - T.I. . . . Grammy's pick: Gold Digger - Kanye West

Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group

Don't Phunk With My Heart - The Black Eyed Peas ( LOL . . this ish shouldn't even be nominated )

The Corner - Common Featuring The Last Poets

Encore - Eminem Featuring Dr. Dre & 50 Cent

Hate It Or Love It - The Game Featuring 50 Cent

Wait (The Whisper Song) - Ying Yang Twins

My Pick: LOL . . that would be funny as hell if Ying Yang won, but . . my pick is The Corner - Common featuring The Last Poets . . Grammy's Pick: Don't Phunk With My Heart - The Black Eyed Peas

AITZ 02-09-06 05:47 AM

they need somebody thats real deep in rap/hip hop..

Mc Wicked 02-09-06 11:45 AM

Grammys aint shit but mainstream hype bullshit. That Kanya song was tight and I could see that winning. That T-I song annoyed the fuck outa me if I voted it would of been for Ludacris

The BEP sould not even be considered Hip-Hop they should have there own Catagory Pop-Hop. So its obvious that they win. Im really glad that the Ying Yang Twins didnt win because they the worse for real rap act Ive ever heard. If I would have voted it would have been for Common and The Last Poets

Nynth Degree 02-09-06 11:56 AM

Oh stfu. Grammys should be given out to good music, and lately have been trying to cater to the interests of little white girls like yourself. Why the fuck should TI even be nominated for a Grammy!?

be thankful he even got on the ballot.

Indeph 02-09-06 12:37 PM

:( @ common never winning a grammy.

ksr 02-09-06 06:08 PM

wut do u expect
they want ratings, n no1's gonna watch if they've never heard of the music... rap has its own award shows, the grammy's are for mainstream music

Nynth Degree 02-09-06 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
:( @ common never winning a grammy.

:( @ Common about to pop.

$howtim3 02-09-06 06:24 PM

common had way better album than fucking anybody on the Album Of The Year nominees, except maybe mariah

La Cosa Nostra 02-09-06 09:10 PM

You know this shit is probly paid off right?

Nobody gives a fuck about talent anymore...

Magic5 02-12-06 05:48 PM

Yeah, Kanye West sucks, thus proving that they don't know what they're talking about.

La Cosa Nostra 02-12-06 07:49 PM

Did you see his little poofter performance dressing up like hes in a college band...

What a complete fuggen gaylord..