RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Yay! Im Gonna Be Rapper B (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=222807)

TeamOne 02-20-06 05:59 PM

Yay! Im Gonna Be Rapper B

.. my crew, Team One is gettin signed..... as long as we reach an agreement with this Indie label.......

[knows people are gonna ask a whole shitload of questions to try and catch me in some "lie", and talk shit, but how about u bitches just shutup/]

we're a lil apprehensive cuz we feel like were gettin screwed, like 90% of the artists so we might not agree to this shit...... but werd up bitches!

and for anyone whos gone through this, gimme some tips on some sorta fine print i should look out for or loopholes they may put in the contract....

the main reason we dont wanna do it, is cuz its one cd, 16 tracks..... were thinkin about waitin longer, maybe tryna get a better deal, or put out some more shit until other labels want a piece, hopefully..... word bitches

Sean Gunner 02-20-06 06:01 PM

Word up man, TC keeping it real.

KOOL COL-B 02-20-06 06:03 PM

how muchos they gon pay yall? werd

Logic The Goonie 02-20-06 06:05 PM

Read your contract?

KOOL COL-B 02-20-06 06:08 PM

fuck off wif tha name changin :mad: everybody. werd

TeamOne 02-20-06 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom.
Read your contract?

good suggestion........ ill take that into consideration

.:Mike Check:. 02-20-06 06:10 PM

^^ thats prolly tha best tip you'll get is to read your contract..word..1

Logic The Goonie 02-20-06 06:18 PM

If I ever get offered a deal imma read it like 20 times before finding a pen.

TeamOne 02-20-06 06:35 PM

Pens are so 1999

Sean Gunner 02-20-06 06:51 PM

We use lasers now that burn our info on the paper.

.Ike. 02-20-06 07:02 PM

LOL @ me writing a 7 page contract yesterday for my indie label.....

what percentages will you be getting paid off each cd?

royalties?....

*has been doing a lot of reading on music law and contracts in the last couple days*

La Cosa Nostra 02-20-06 08:27 PM

Yo a one cd contract is a fairly decent start...

Definatly look at the percentage their paying you per unit.. But overall man, just have a good read through it...

If your real worried, get a lawyer to read through it..

But seriously man, with your first cd, what you really need to be doin is workin and puttin in 110% towards promoting your music and getting stuff in the stores... Nobody makes big money off their first cd... If your good enough and you really got what it takes to come up and hit the big time.. Then that'll come later... Only through tremendous hard work though, remember that....

And make sure you get a good manager... That shit is key......

TeamOne 02-20-06 08:31 PM

85% of cd sales btw......... and somewhere in the low thousands for signing.......

Indeph 02-20-06 09:17 PM

Fux I sware to fuckin god, if you don't pick me up tommorow you about to fuckin die nigga. And I'm being serious, I know where you live.

TeamOne 02-20-06 09:18 PM

y arent u online u fuckin stalker?