RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   The Cerebral Approach (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=352)
-   -   Your Background (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=223380)

WhoAmI 03-01-06 10:13 AM

Your Background

Recently i have been taking the time outside of college to learn about black history, as, although this may sound cliché: if you don't know where you're from, how can you know where you're going? i have subsequently found out a lot of interesting facts about my racial history, a lot of which makes me proud to be black...and some of which has got to me because acts of ignorance and prejudice have been exposed to me in the last few weeks of reading...and what i'm talking about is actually arguably in the same league as blacks being taken into slavery...on a few occasions, a long long time ago a number of European historian's had attempted to erase parts of african history, just because they were too narrow minded to comprehend Blacks having the amount of power they had once held, before invasions from some, now lost, countries neighbouring africa.

And did you know it has been proven that Africans discovered Central America approximately 100 years before Columbus reached there himself.

And the man who founded Greek science and philosophy did so as an old man after studying in Egypt.

Other people to study in Egypt included Pythagoras and Plato

These are just a couple of things that we, as black people, have to be proud of and hold our head high about, no matter how much some people try to bring us down.
Now black history has been pieced back together though archaelogical finds and, previously lost, historical documents there is no excuse for black people to discover their history...

And equally, to any other race...all i'm saying is that you should make sure you know the history of your people if you don't already as this is the one way to give you some perspective on your current position in the world

thank you for your time

~peace~

twenty9 03-01-06 05:38 PM

good for you buddy! (not sarcastic) and ummmm....... do I have to apoologize on behalf of the white man?

WhoAmI 03-01-06 06:20 PM

nope not at all...because i don't believe on dwelling on shit...because although i think it's good to acknowledge your past, i believe becoming trapped in the past acts as a barrier to securing a brighter future cos if you keep stepping back how are you gonna get forward

Terumoto 03-02-06 03:03 AM

My history is alright ay. Basically italians were like oh yeah, and then made sick food and fought in wars and stuff.

twenty9 03-03-06 07:30 PM

ummmm, im part irish, i think, we have beer and other various sorts of alcohol and a low legal drinking age. does that count as knowing your culture?

KOOL COL-B 03-03-06 08:21 PM

in grade 5 everybody in my class had 2 pick a country n do a project on it, i did Spain n got 100% :cool:

theres a guy named Simon Bolivar who iz like, my great great great great great grandfather, n he's on money in Venezuela, n he did sumthin like liberate a bunch of South American countrys or sumthin.

n my Hispanic fam came 2 Nova Scotia frum Spain along time ago, cuz Nova Scotia iz like tha closest part of North America 2 Spain.

n i dont know much bout my white side, except my like great grandfather faught in WW1 n shit, n got burried alive 3 times n lived.

:cool: werd

Dirty Nigga 03-03-06 08:22 PM

My paarents was born in Senegal, and to be honest, I';m ashamed that I dont know more about my grace land :(

twenty9 03-03-06 08:26 PM

haha, kool about your heritage kol-b, my great grandfater was in WW1 as well, he faught a Vimy Ridge, hells yeah, he got bayonetted (if thats even a word) in the hand tho. im also part Danish (denmark) and i know absolutley nothing about that part except they like to wear wooden shoes called clogs.