RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   "Black people don't do that" (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=224615)

∆ P E X X 03-18-06 01:31 AM

"Black people don't do that"

Man WTF is up with aaaaaaaaaaallllllll the black commedians (like..Steve Harvey) who ANYTIME they're facing a new experience like say, bungee jumping, scuba diving, horseback riding, etc say "nah, black people don't do that".

BITCH, speak for your self!!:cussing: [/rant]

Zone Out 03-18-06 01:34 AM

you do that crazy shit?
when he says 'black people dont do that' usually, 99.9% of the audience has never done that or never will do that
cos thats white people shit

∆ P E X X 03-18-06 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will S.Unyu
you do that crazy shit?
when he says 'black people dont do that' usually, 99.9% of the audience has never done that or never will do that
cos thats white people shit

nah man, I don't fuck with bungee jumping or horseback riding, but that's because I'm not big on "falling" or "riding an animal", but something like snowboarding, skiiing, quads, bikes, fishing, shopping in all-white neighborhoods, etc, I'll do something "risky" like that no problem.

Zone Out 03-18-06 01:38 AM

shit
you aint big on ridin animals cos you aint fuckin no freaky girls yet, son

∆ P E X X 03-18-06 02:58 AM

...yeah.

Zone Out 03-18-06 03:04 AM

WhoAmI 03-18-06 04:35 AM

I've been skiing, climbed shit, done archery and shit like that...but no one can even try and tell me that they more black cos i have more heart than most bruthas i know

Tha Q. 03-18-06 07:17 AM

1st of all, that's an old way of thinking from an older generation. I would bunjee jump, scuba dive, go spelunking, sky dive, and hike in the mountains. In fact, I definitely plan to do all those things at one point, God willing. I remember when I gave my stepfather's mother (who's 90+ years old) a nice white sofa for her living room. The first thing she said was, "Whoa, this is what the white folk have." I immediately replied, "No, this is what the BLACK FOLK have." nah mean...We as black people need to come out of our old ways of thinking and realize that EVERYTHING is here for the taking.

On the other hand, comedians who say that have a point in some cases. It's a KNOWN FACT that WHITE SUBURBAN kids sniff household products more than black kids. So, a comedian could say, "Man, wassup with people sniffing canned air?" "That's what WHITE FOLK DO." They'd be absolutely correct for the most part.

Nick Knack 03-18-06 09:10 AM

why the fuck wouldnt people do that exciting shit? its fun as fuck.

Dirty Nigga 03-18-06 09:15 AM

LOL

Its all in good umour to me, comedians take sterotypes and flip em in their own way to maake you laugh....

especially black comedians, most black stand up is built on racial jokes & sterotypes, Richard Pryor motherfuckerrrrrrrrrrrs

L. Veracity 03-18-06 09:31 AM

Carmelo is correct...

but so is ThaQ, I'd love to go bunjee jumping and rock climbing and such

things like that have always sounded eXciting to me

Dirty Nigga 03-18-06 09:33 AM

Take me for the ride of my life, homegirl.

L. Veracity 03-18-06 09:42 AM

aiight

*takes him on a ride to the Las Vegas desert*

guess what happens next? :D

Dirty Nigga 03-18-06 09:46 AM

Now why would you wanna do a brother like that?...

If you can live with yourself after killing a father, then go ahead and do it....

Aye, V!...We are talking about you killin me and not some freaky desert fetish that you have, right? :)

L. Veracity 03-18-06 09:50 AM

yes, I meant killing you :)

and hell yeah I can live with myself, people get killled everyday that are fathers, mothers, uncles, aunts, whatever...you are just another in the bunch :D