RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Mtv list of greatest mcs(i think its bull shit) (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=226406)

locknes 04-13-06 10:28 PM

Mtv list of greatest mcs(i think its bull shit)

here is what they choose

1.Jay-z
2.tupac
3.biggie
4.Rakim
5.naS
6.krs-sone
7.big daddy kane
8.Ice cube
9.eminem
10.ll cool j

here is my choices i am basing my thought on 75% lyrism and 25% on impacti will and on classic album also explain why

1.naS- he does it all i mean arguably one of the greatest records ever with illmatic as well "as it was written" another classic he also scored with stillmatic and godson 4 clasic albums under his belt check any other mc the dont come that
close most release 1, other release 2 he also in my opinion is the second best storytelling mc

2.rakim -3 classic album he change the game like no other mc with the internal rhyme the first real captivating mc

3.tupac- the most impactful mc of alltime he touched so many people best presence on the mic while his lyrics wernt as good as some other mc he made up with his emotion

4.biggie- 2 albums both classics lot of mcs do this and fall off that is the only question i have for big but you cant deny his delivery it was some catchy ass shit man

5. slick rick - the guy change the game just as much as rakim
he told a story "the great adventures of slick rick " you will find story telling at its best that alone earns him his props

6.krs-one-brought the punchlines and metaphors to the table
that alone krs is deem the king of the methaphor change the game with criminal minded

7. jay-z you know who he is his name speaks for itself he is a realy overrated mc
i mean reasonable doubt and the blueprint 2 classic out of 12 or how many albums he put out

8. ghostface killah -he is called ironman for a reason he has never fallen off
just look all his records could be considered classics all 4

9.kool G rap change the game increadible paved the way for lots of mc he gave swagger to the game

10. big pun- other than naS i think big pun is the greatest lyricst but he didnt have much impact to the game he had a ridculous flow its what a rapper dreams his flow would sound like classic album with capital punshiment

Golden shellz 04-13-06 11:08 PM

i hope the emcees that are alive that are on that list are counted towards today coz personally i think thats a load of monkey poo

Tempa 04-14-06 01:11 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahahah. LMFAO.....that list couldn't possibly be any worse...lol...wow that shits wack.

Sean Gunner 04-14-06 01:21 PM

I've never liked Jay Z, but apparently everyone else likes him.

I think the list is pretty decent, specially for MTV. Only Tupac and Biggie should have been tied for number one.

Indeph 04-14-06 01:22 PM

Wtf, LL needs to be number 1 for real. Word is bond.

Ebircs 04-14-06 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden shellz
i think thats a load of monkey poo

HOLYYYYYYY SHEEP SHIT

dude said monkey poo !!!!!!!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

if thats not pimp IDK WHAT is

Abraxas 04-14-06 01:51 PM

They had one Greatest Hip Hop Artist Of All Time For VH1.
It was better.

locknes 04-14-06 03:25 PM

^ no it was worse missy eliott being better than rakim and nas i laughed my ass off

Mentor 04-14-06 04:54 PM

the first 4 should be

1.2pac
2. nas
3. eminem
4. biggie

fo real how can they have jay-z as the 1st i mean jay-z is dope except for when he bites but he defitnly aint no #1

locknes 04-14-06 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILL-usion
the first 4 should be

1.2pac
2. nas
3. eminem
4. biggie

fo real how can they have jay-z as the 1st i mean jay-z is dope except for when he bites but he defitnly aint no #1

correct he bites off of every great rapper

you never heard biggie bite from no one
same with the other 3 jay-z is good but hes is not original

Sik Wit It 04-14-06 06:18 PM

Jay-Z shouldn't be #1 and LL Cool J shouldn't even be up there. That is all.

Dirty Nigga 04-14-06 06:22 PM

LOL..

Eminem? Ice Cube? LL?

FUCK NAW.

locknes 04-14-06 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMPIN aint easy
jay-z aint bite stop readin on the internet the ones that he suposedly bit or the radio remix thing listen to the real songs wen he said it fuck naw he never bit half the shit was said in intros wen he is jus talkin

he bit nas' line from the verbal intercourse
and he bit from slick rick and rakim i can get you the lines if you believe

Dirty Nigga 04-14-06 06:45 PM

Most emcees recycle rhymes in the rap industry.