RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   My theory on why some people are better at "dissing" than others (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=227293)

Tha Q. 04-28-06 12:38 AM

My theory on why some people are better at "dissing" than others

1st off, I've never looked at it as a bad thing to not be adept at hurting people's feelings. However, I realize in a blaze battle or rap battle, that's partly the goal. You want to get your opponent to question himself and doubt himself.

Anyway, I have a theory on why some people are better at insulting people than others.

I believe that people who are the best at dissing someone knows how to diss people because they themselves have or at one point had, terrible self esteem. Therefore, they know from experience what "stings" and how to get someone to question himself.

People who aren't good at dissing people, but are good at rapping, have higher self esteem and a different focus.

If I were to name famous rappers, I'd say Common is someone who fits this bill. Though his diss, "Bitch in you" was well done, you don't think "Aww man, Common murdered Cube."

In effect, the best battlers are people with the most "issues".

Holla

La Cosa Nostra 04-28-06 12:43 AM

People who have lived through their life with no issues have extremly weak character and a shit for brains personality.......

Which is why rich kids are usually stuck up little bratty pricks who think the world revolves around them......

And your wrong actually...

People who have been through shit usually have thicker skin and a higher self esteem because of the extra lessons they have learnt through experience which is what other cats lack.

BTW--

We all know your just trying to justify the fact that you always sound like a dickhead when your in an argument..

Ysdat 04-28-06 12:43 AM

yes.
blah blah blah.

LaTiNKiTTeN 04-28-06 01:14 AM

rofl@q tryin to justify that he sucks at dissin ppl,be it during beef or in a battle.....dude u arent gonna come out on top no matter how much u try to reason with urself

ppl who are good at dissing others are witty,quick,and have a good sense of humour...i've always been good at dissin ppl,n i've always been quick with comebacks.....n,i've also noticed ppl who are intelligent are usually good at dissin ppl....dumb fucks usually cant come with something clever....

ur little "phsycological " explanation is wack

∆ P E X X 04-28-06 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
1st off, I've never looked at it as a bad thing to not be adept at hurting people's feelings. However, I realize in a blaze battle or rap battle, that's partly the goal. You want to get your opponent to question himself and doubt himself.

Anyway, I have a theory on why some people are better at insulting people than others.

I believe that people who are the best at dissing someone knows how to diss people because they themselves have or at one point had, terrible self esteem.
Therefore, they know from experience what "stings" and how to get someone to question himself.

People who aren't good at dissing people, but are good at rapping, have higher self esteem and a different focus.

If I were to name famous rappers, I'd say Common is someone who fits this bill. Though his diss, "Bitch in you" was well done, you don't think "Aww man, Common murdered Cube."

In effect, the best battlers are people with the most "issues".

Holla

No way. some people are observant and know how to and work that into their lyrics.

and some people dont.

no one can do everything.

ILL GEE 04-28-06 03:32 AM

dissing is all about perception and getting others to question or believe that perception... it's about thinking outside the box and sometimes just stating the obvious and then exaggerating the hell out of it... it really isn't that hard when ya think about it... but on some level i can see where a person that was picked on all the time finally said "fuck it" and started lashing back at everyone... after a while ya just get tired of being "it" so ya start "tagging" everybody else to take the pressure off... after a bit it's just as natural as breathing...lol

LaTiNKiTTeN 04-28-06 10:49 AM

must u ride q in every single thread ?

.Ike. 04-28-06 12:15 PM

lmfao @ Q trying to find reason as to why he cant put a good diss track together...

here...ill tell you why dip shit...

you cant throw a punch....ive been saying that forever now...and apparently its not gonna get through that thick ass head of yours....YOU CANNOT THROW A DAMN PUNCHLINE FOR SHIT

Ranks™ 04-28-06 02:20 PM

Lol...Q, you can't win.

Valerie 04-28-06 03:07 PM

your just now figuring this out?

Indeph 04-28-06 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
No way. some people are observant and know how to and work that into their lyrics.

and some people dont.

no one can do everything.

Some people can do everything. Just need to know the requirements for all of it.

In-Vision 04-28-06 04:36 PM

not saying i agree with q...but...1...people who have been through shit, don't have a higher self esteem, and i can get in depth about it if you really want me to...but that's irrelevant..also...everything you said, doesn't contradict any of what the q says....the q said that having a low self esteem makes them aware of what gets to people, because they connect what gets to them..with what should get to everyone else....which...is logical...that has nothing to do with someones character as a result of what they've been through

Kordozar 04-28-06 05:11 PM

I Thaught It Was Because Some People Are Funny And They Put Their Humor Into Their Verses

locknes 04-28-06 05:48 PM

i dont agree with Q here is my theory is people who are better critics are better at dissing.
a person who can critisize harshly will usualy be better at disses.

chronix 04-28-06 06:10 PM

What wins battles isn't making the other person feeling bad neccessarily. What wins is winning a crowd over, especially at live battles. I've seen niggas spit mediocre verses n' win because they connected to the crowd so much.