RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Artists who have never made a bad album (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=228075)

Appocolyptik 05-12-06 01:10 PM

Artists who have never made a bad album

Note: The people you post must have 3 or more albums.

Gang Starr: Primo and the Guru sadly split up last year, but together made many albums and none of them were below 8/10. They have made two Godly albums, which is 2 more than 99% of the music industry (Step in the Arena and Moment of Truth) and are widely aknowledged as one of the greatest hip hop duo's of all time. Primo's genius production and Guru's smooth, jazzy down to earth style has gained them acclaim and respect across the globe. Most artists make one dope album then fall off. Nas is perhaps the best example of this. He made two amazing albums in Ilmatuic and It was Written then made some good albums and then made the awful Nastradamus. He since has made mediocre albums at best. Eminem is also a good example of this. Gang Starr however, startedoff strong and finished even stronger. They have made an immeasurable contribution to Hip Hop and remain one of my favourite groups of all time.

Rakim: Regarded by some as the greatest emcee of all time, Rakim has always been a God on the mic. Making many incredible albums with producer Eric B (best of which was arguably Let the Rhythm Hit Em), he has NEVER made a bad album. Some people say The Master was mediocre, but compare it to 90% of the other rap albums and you'll find it blows them out of the water. Waitin for the World to End is my personal favourite track by him. Oh My God is one of the most anticipated albums of all times, and it better be dope as fuck.

Creed: I doubt any of you have heard of them, but they're one of the greatest Alternate Rock albums in recent history. They only made 3 albums, but all 3 were fucking dope. Their style is so laid back and musically they're extremely talented. Lyrically they're excellent as well, which is a great achievement in any genre. They nailed the top of the charts in the US with several different songs and are wiedley regarded as a damn good band. I love chilling to them with a pint of Larger on a Friday night.

I'll post some more when I can be bothered.

The Creator 05-12-06 01:20 PM

Rakim....His shit is just crazy.that muh fucka be killing the mic and he showed mu fuckas like us young niggas that old school hip hop dont gotta be just slow as rapping wit no lyrics.
that nigga can destroy just about anything u put em on....

Big Pun....I dont even have to explain why really. just by any CD of his....He could read some one elses verse on a random beat and make it ill. If u aint heard puns shit then uv been missing out for real.

Jay Z....one of the best yet....The Dynasty was a classic and years later is still hot as fuck to date.

I got more names but I dont really feel like typin this shit.

K.ontroverz.Y 05-12-06 02:24 PM

add Kanye West to the list....

Past Tense 05-12-06 02:37 PM

I know much hate i'll get for this but honestly 50 cent has never came out with a bad album......every album always has really good songs....in mass numbers

Nynth Degree 05-12-06 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.T
I know much hate i'll get for this but honestly 50 cent has never came out with a bad album......every album always has really good songs....in mass numbers

The Massacre had like 3 tracks that were remotely decent.

Big L never made a bad album.

locknes 05-12-06 03:27 PM

GHOSTFACE all his albums could be considered classics

KOOL COL-B 05-12-06 03:58 PM

N.W.A/Eazy-E, nuff sed, werd

TitoBronsky 05-12-06 03:59 PM

Obie Trice

Big L

Cannibus

.Ike. 05-12-06 04:04 PM

^ word...obies last album was dope as fuck

im expecting the same for this next one

Speats 05-12-06 04:37 PM

creed? mmm i never really liked them but i dunno

Chris Stylez 05-12-06 05:01 PM

T-Rock....Has like 8 albums and I rate them along with other reviewers professional and unprofessional all 5 stars out of 5. Guy is a Legend

Three 6 Mafia.= They always have Club Bangers

Chris Stylez= havent put out an album to put out a bad one

and thats all i have for now

Nynth Degree 05-12-06 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitoBronsky
Cannibus

Lmao @ Canibus having one of the worst albums in hip hop history on his discography.

Appocolyptik 05-12-06 05:09 PM

Lmao some of these responses are a joke. Obie Trice has made like 1 album, and it was mediocre. That doesn't class as consistent. 50 Cent, ROFL. All the albums he made were wack. Canibus fell off since Rip the Jacker and Kanye West is weak as a rapper. I hate his production too if truth be told, but others like it.

N.Tavarez 05-12-06 05:10 PM

*waives at 9th degree and leaves site again*

Appocolyptik 05-12-06 05:13 PM

^Come baaaaaaaaack :(