RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Okay I need to hear other people's opinions on this. (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=231469)

Indeph 07-11-06 02:48 AM

Okay I need to hear other people's opinions on this.

Okay in OMB's thread I said white people will sell more in rap because of their skin color. By this I didn't mean every white person will automatically sell more than black people, I just mean it's a positive effect on sales. It's not racist it just makes it's easier for people to connect if they look like them. And to repeat an already used analogy.. If me and "you" did a talent show at your house and I had 2 family members there, and you had 20, obviously you would win because there's more of your family members than mine. THIS ISNT RACIST, if it was the other way around black people would be like elvis. Am I racist for pointing this out? Ok I hate being a broken record, but my favorite rapper is white, my rap partner is white, I have no problem with any race doing any type of music. I didn't know I had to speak with so much detail. Black rappers sell more in black areas, and there's more white people in the world in america, so white rappers sell more. I didn't think I was wrong for this. I'm not being sacarstic. Ysdat got really pissed at me for this. I just REALLY need to know, honestly am I racist for this?

JTR 07-11-06 02:49 AM

Seriously, get over it buddy.

P.S. Do you still hate me? Lmfao

Indeph 07-11-06 02:49 AM

Peep the sig.

La Cosa Nostra 07-11-06 02:50 AM

No.. Why would this be racist.....

JTR 07-11-06 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
Peep the sig.

lol, peep the quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by you
JTR loves me

:shoot:

Ysdat 07-11-06 02:53 AM

man, you cant go from saying " a white person will sell more records than a black person,because he's white"

to said white people will sell more in rap because of their skin color. By this I didn't mean every white person will automatically sell more than black people

Indeph 07-11-06 02:55 AM

Wtf my stance on that still stands. All I did is elaborate on WHY a white person would sell more because of his skin color. Where did I say otherwise?

La Cosa Nostra 07-11-06 02:55 AM

The sheer number of black rappers outweighs the number of white rappers actually getting somewhere in the industry anyway..

How is this an issue...

Shear Kaughn 07-11-06 02:58 AM

its not racist no..... timeand i belive its proabably true...bu at the same time i don't see that many big time white acts though....eminem...and thats about it....eminem was big and and yes some of it was because he was white....but the biggest reason why he was so big was because he reached out to a wider audience of people who didn't normally listen to rap....mostly white teenagers growing up in the suberbs..and these kids was like..."woah look its one of US doing THAT kind of music..lets see what he got tos say" and with there being an overwhelming amount of young teenage white kids in the suburbs....he had success.......

plus, black rappers overall are more successful then white rappers in the mainstream.....i don't really see that changing all that much in the future either.....but its whtever

Indeph 07-11-06 03:00 AM

That's exactly what I'm saying. Your attributes determine your fans. And who has money? Suburban kids. Who buys most of the rap albums? Suburban kids. What race is the majority of the suburbs? Whites. What the fuck is so racist about that.

Terumoto 07-11-06 03:00 AM

Eminems success is not just due to his skin color.

Shear Kaughn 07-11-06 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Eminems success is not just due to his skin color.

i specifically explained that it didn't......but some of it did

Terumoto 07-11-06 03:04 AM

btw I think the term "racism" has lost its sting. Half the shit people call racism is nothing near it.

Black people have dark skin.

Thats a fact... So many people pull the race card on even mentioning black people, white people, asians whatever. They forget what actual racism is.

Indeph 07-11-06 03:05 AM

Well durr, Eminem is sick as fuck. His skin color just contributed to the attention he got. Negatively also though. He became the target for white america. He was a "safe" target to attack because he's white, so he became like the representive for rap music. Like a million rappers have misogynist lyrics, but he got in trouble for it because he's white. Plus people felt comfortable listening to him because you won't be called a wigger for buying his albums. Not to mention him being on rock radio stations and being classified as "rock/rap" everywhere.

Shear Kaughn 07-11-06 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
btw I think the term "racism" has lost its sting. Half the shit people call racism is nothing near it.

Black people have dark skin.

Thats a fact... So many people pull the race card on even mentioning black people, white people, asians whatever. They forget what actual racism is.

but i do agree with you on that.......