RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Writers Block.... (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=232078)

M Eazy 07-22-06 02:00 AM

Writers Block....

I be getting that mufucka like a muhfucka...

Who else get writers block? and for how long on average?

my shit usually go after I write a tight ass song, and then I'm blocked for about a week...random shit..thats how I know if my song is tight or not..

what bout yalls?

Mic Young 07-22-06 02:09 AM

i jus let my mind wonder, more creative shit comes wen i get writers block cuz i jus let shit go

Chris Stylez 07-22-06 02:39 AM

Shit I've had my writers block for a couple of months. But got rid of it tonight when I smack da shit out of my ex....She was causin some much stress she blocked my wrightin skills

Wordz AhGod 07-22-06 02:44 AM

weeks? months? I get mine half way through some verses. its usually worst once I made the closer too early wit out counting how many bars I had. My best shit is usually the beginning and the middle. usually the first verse too 'coz my boy make really weird(good) but weird beats that I have to syke my self up to hop on. I spit on just about anything and rip it so its wat ever. Usually if I get writers block, I say fuck the verse and just write the hook or someshit like that cuz its usually easier for me. either that or rewrite the last bar or two to write myself out of the wall that put me into the writers block mode. try some of the shit I just mentioned. maybe it'll work for you too man.

La Cosa Nostra 07-22-06 03:18 AM

When I get writers block........I just dont even try writing for a week or two.. Focus on other things........Then I hit it back up and usually write some of my best shit..

I very rarly ever get it though... Cause I spread out my song writing for when I got inspiration... Usually I dont really put a pen to paper unless I do have something to say.

∆ P E X X 07-22-06 05:07 AM

what's writers block? :huh:

FH 07-22-06 05:45 AM

its easier when you don't try. many times i sit at pc trying to complete second verse and it always turns to goo. then everytime i get up to get food or sumthin, i freestyle like half a verse sexyily and keep going then when i realize what im doing... it all disappears ~_~ its like day-dream-rhyming lol. just do it lightly and it'll come. another way that pumps me up is to listen to less-developed mc's on soundclick. sounds mean but its highly motivational.

[♡]_Fuck_you_ho 07-22-06 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
what's writers block? :huh:

..ll Enóùgh Säïd ll.. :)

Wordz AhGod 07-22-06 06:21 AM

....bullshit....

Ysdat 07-22-06 09:01 AM

lol.

I dont understand how a emcee can ever have writers block,the problem i have is I got too much to write about.
[/Poet laurette]

Blay'all 07-22-06 01:56 PM

worrd, that Writers Block 3 is the jumpoff :shoot:

especially that Money on My Mind track with Hell Rell :)
word, i got that shit. had it for about 4 months, lol

MaRVJay 07-22-06 03:58 PM

^^gayboy lol.......

shit im on writers block now

L.I. 07-22-06 04:03 PM

take a shower. it helps with it

M Eazy 07-22-06 05:35 PM

I like that shower idea the most. You just gotta have a recorder in there somehow, cause everyone freestyles good in the shower. It's just that when you know something is recording, you don't come as hard as you usually do.....

I'ma try that "not giving a fuck" approach, and see what's good next time I get the shit. I aint did a song in about 2weeks.

Czar Bishop 07-22-06 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Eazy
I like that shower idea the most. You just gotta have a recorder in there somehow, cause everyone freestyles good in the shower. It's just that when you know something is recording, you don't come as hard as you usually do.....

I'ma try that "not giving a fuck" approach, and see what's good next time I get the shit. I aint did a song in about 2weeks.

When I was smaller, one of my cousins said most rappers record their songs in the shower.

Of course I didn't believe him but you reminded me. :laugh: