RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Skateboarding (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=233598)

Sean Gunner 08-18-06 01:55 AM

Skateboarding

Who here skateboards? I'm tryin to get into it, but I need some help picking a deck. I'm a big dude so what kind of board should I get? I was thinking an 8 inch.

SerB 08-18-06 02:07 AM

get a car.

skaters are losers.

p4ntzistheish 08-18-06 02:11 AM

Coming from a man nobody likes. Anyway if you got friends that skate try theirs. If it's comfortable get something like it.

Kirk 08-18-06 10:30 AM

Co-signed with that LFS cat.

Sean Gunner 08-18-06 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serbness
get a car.

skaters are losers.

No, people who pay $3/ gallon are losers. I'm sick of feeding the greed of the oil companies who over charge us, we don't need gas we just have become lazy.

Bikes and other forms of transportation with save us, physically and enviromentally.

Kriptic 08-18-06 01:45 PM

serb's a fagget....

get a birdhouse man..there usually bigger..the widder ones are really solid.... what ever u do dont get an element. lol there light and willl brake on ya

blckout20 08-18-06 02:24 PM

It depends on what you're looking for. For doing tricks and some light skating around then really any shortboard would work. As far as decks go I don't have much of a preference, I try and really just go with something with style because really the deck doesn't make a big difference for the board. If you're going to do some cruising which is what I'm more into look into getting a long board. Right now I'm riding a Pocket Pistol Ditch Killer 44" and I love it, best board I've rode in a long time. I'd also look into a Sector 9 Luke Nosewalker or an Arbor Pin, they're the only longboards I've consistantly riden. But yea, longboarding is a good way to chill and cruise around on.

Kirk 08-18-06 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriptic
serb's a fagget....

get a birdhouse man..there usually bigger..the widder ones are really solid.... what ever u do dont get an element. lol there light and willl brake on ya

A) You can get most of all skateboards wide. Not just birdhouse. You can choose length, width, concave and all that.
B) Element are light but only easy to break if you land wrong. Land on the bolts and it lasts you a while.

Paranoid 08-18-06 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane
No, people who pay $3/ gallon are losers. I'm sick of feeding the greed of the oil companies who over charge us, we don't need gas we just have become lazy.

Bikes and other forms of transportation with save us, physically and enviromentally.

that's very true lol. I used to skate. I don't know just get the biggest sized skates they sell at the shop. Unless you don't want a trick style board.

p4ntzistheish 08-18-06 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
A) You can get most of all skateboards wide. Not just birdhouse. You can choose length, width, concave and all that.
B) Element are light but only easy to break if you land wrong. Land on the bolts and it lasts you a while.

Co-signed with that Kirk dude. Though I'd ridin an Almost right now. Thosestars are sexy man.

Kriptic 08-18-06 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk

nah man...birhouses are think...their sterdy.... element ssuck...there way to light and brake easy..so if hes a big kid... dont get it. flips are right int he middle.... ive been skating since 6th grade man.... dont tell me about skateboards haha

p4ntzistheish 08-18-06 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriptic
nah man...birhouses are think...their sterdy.... element ssuck...there way to light and brake easy..so if hes a big kid... dont get it. flips are right int he middle.... ive been skating since 6th grade man.... dont tell me about skateboards haha

Birdhouses are 'thicker' as you say because it'sslightly easier to handle doing Vert, the style that majority of B-House are attuned to, as well as Tony himself. Elements aren't 'lighter', just made slightlydifferent and with a lighter wood if I rememberright, more attuned for Street and Park skating. He could still very easily get an Element, itmore depends on what he plans to do while skating, if he's casuallyriding itdoesn't matterhow light the board is as all he'd be doing is riding around. But if he were to be learning tricks, Street most likely I'd still wouldn'tadvise the Elemnt as they are made for more advanced skaters (Because if you fuck up too much it will break), but it'd still be better than a B-House mostlikely. And as Kirk said You can in most cases get a board to your specification, and even in a shop they have different sizes, concaves and widths in the same graphic...at least good stores. I order thru CCS, so I get mine their default size...it fits me. I'd advise maybe going to www.ccs.com and checking them out. (To Sane).

P.S. I've been skating for going on 11 years. Test me...and Kirk skates probably more than I do. We know our shit,

Kriptic 08-18-06 07:26 PM

hahaha. getting all technical and shit...you sound like a fagget..... buy a bird house if ur lookin for a heavier sterdy board 'sane',, but if u want it lighter & easily brakeable...but an element....

p4ntzistheish 08-18-06 07:31 PM

So I sound like a faggot because I actually proved your point and made a counter point. As far asI know that's called an 'intelligent discussion'. But to hell if I know anything.

Kriptic 08-18-06 07:35 PM

nah man...there no reason to try to get technical....kids wants a good sterdy board because hes a big kid...he dont need a fuckign essay ont he wood struture of the board....

tell him to buy a bridhouse, and keep moving.... who trys to prove a point over a skateboard..

sane man get a birdhouse...you'll be good with that