RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Hip Hop is what you make it right? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=233763)

Paranoid 08-21-06 11:09 PM

Hip Hop is what you make it right?

Well regardless, I don't care about you mainstreams but true hip hop I believe is from the underground. But yo don't get me wrong some dudes in the main can hold it down but for the overall majority of rappers writtin their own personals lyrics is when the trueness comes from. True Hip Hop is what I've made in my own prospective but anyway let me hear what yall have to say bout my opinion.

dazy 08-21-06 11:19 PM

hip-hop is at ur own definion...

Paranoid 08-21-06 11:26 PM

^don't mimic me son.

dazy 08-21-06 11:28 PM

oh sorry but it is true though

Paranoid 08-21-06 11:33 PM

^yea man, I know that.

La Cosa Nostra 08-21-06 11:40 PM

Shit thread....

Ysdat 08-22-06 12:28 AM

Hip Hop isnt exactly "what you make it" I cant put a duck hat on with a spinning wheel on the top and be like, "yo this my version of hip hop"

Go read my "what is hip hop" thread in HHF to see my point of veiw.

Shear Kaughn 08-22-06 12:40 AM

real hip hop is from the south

i don't care what you fuckin idiots think...i hate you all anyway so fuck yall

Ysdat 08-22-06 12:42 AM

yeh your so correct :rolleyes:

Terumoto 08-22-06 03:10 AM

Man, please hold in your opinions until you see the truth about this subject.

You are too young to have an accurate scope of any culture (not meant in an offensive way). You may think "Yeah, true hip hop is that underground shit, true hip hop is how you live it, fuck that mainstream sold out crap." However, in adopting that view you are trying to be left wing, you're trying not to conform, trying to break away from the majority and be an individual. In doing that, you are already becoming what you set out to get away from.

There are two major, dominant views on hip hop. One is adopted by underground "real" heads, the other by mainstream heads. All you've done is fall in with a different crowd. You think you're different? You think your view is opposing a lot of other people's? It isnt man.

I'll tell you what hip hop is... Nothing. Dont even think about it. Just do what you do.. Worrying about drawing lines and boundaries between whats fake hip hop and whats real hip hop is a waste of time.

Da Vinci 08-22-06 03:18 AM

Yea, Terumoto's post pretty much summed up what I was thinking, nice work.

Past Tense 08-22-06 03:36 AM

i say fuck it all n all

i love the underground shit but i love the mainstream stuff

its too hard too pick one side cuz it eventullay gets boring as hell so listen too what osunds good too you....thats all i gotta say

Paranoid 08-22-06 03:40 AM

fuck yall at least I got Da Vinci's ass outta his cave. lol

Da Vinci 08-22-06 03:44 AM

Yea, just thought I'd jump on and see whats been happenen on the boards,

Past Tense 08-22-06 03:53 AM

^^whtas good Da Vinci this is INfector Mindz n shit i elavated my audio game like crazy

u should peep game

www.myspace.com/pasttense360

or if that dont work

www.soundclick.com/starofthecitymixtape

lemme know what u think fam