RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Boxing and Martial Arts (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=234958)

Sean Gunner 09-14-06 10:10 PM

Boxing and Martial Arts

How many people here train in one or both?

Today I was messin with a speed ball and realized how bad I would be in a fight cuz of my speed. I couldn't hit the ball 2 times, but after a little practice I managed to double that.

Any tips on boxing?

JTR 09-14-06 10:22 PM

Duck when someone tries to punch you, lmao.

Nah but seriously, I could give you mad tips on boxing. Get at me on aim.

La Cosa Nostra 09-14-06 10:22 PM

I'd give you some tips if you were here and I could show you..

But fuck typing out fighting instructions... I dont even know what your form is like now, so I dunno what youd need to improve...

Terumoto 09-14-06 10:28 PM

Tips?

Practice.

Sean Gunner 09-14-06 10:31 PM

Mainly my fighting stance is the cat stance I think?

All your weight is on your back left and your right foot is arched so the ball of the foot is the only thing on the ground.

Terumoto 09-14-06 10:50 PM

What do you do from that stance?

Where are your hands?

KOOL COL-B 09-14-06 10:50 PM

just git a gun -_- werd

JTR 09-14-06 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane
Mainly my fighting stance is the cat stance I think?

All your weight is on your back left and your right foot is arched so the ball of the foot is the only thing on the ground.

It's funny that there is no cat stance in boxing.......lmao :thumbup:

Wait that's not a boxing stance is it?

And WTF @ having your left foot in back, are you south paw? Cuz if you aren't, tsk tsk tsk :shoot:

Implicit 09-15-06 04:01 AM

fighting is not the answer. let us be reminded of how violent our world already is. we must not respond to violence with violence. rather with love and peace

Terumoto 09-15-06 06:55 AM

Martial arts is not the act of fighting... Its more the act of discipline, control of the body. Healthy body = healthy mind.

Go to any true martial arts school, and not only will they teach you the moves, they put a huge focus on the mental/spiritual side. They also teach you never to fight unless under drastic circumstances, and also they dont believe that entering martial arts tournaments is right.

Sean Gunner 09-15-06 07:17 AM

Ya, my teacher is trying to teach us how to defend ourselves, but we also focus on chi.

The cat stance is a kung fu stance. My hand are out in front of me, defending me and ready to strike.

Critic 09-15-06 08:00 AM

when your at home punch with dumbbells for about 3 minutes the stop
Start punching again with no weights and see the dif in your hand speed
I do that shit all the time.

1~

Kirk 09-15-06 08:17 AM

I used to box and shit.

JTR 09-15-06 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Martial arts is not the act of fighting... Its more the act of discipline, control of the body. Healthy body = healthy mind.

Go to any true martial arts school, and not only will they teach you the moves, they put a huge focus on the mental/spiritual side. They also teach you never to fight unless under drastic circumstances, and also they dont believe that entering martial arts tournaments is right.

Wrong, that's how the martial arts tradition is for chinese and japanese fighting styles, thai is more aggresive, and then there's other martial arts. Isreali, Russian etc... Where the whole fighting stlye is just take your oppenant down no matter how you do it, wether you fight dirty and dishonor your oppenant, it dosn't matter.

Ill_Eagle 09-15-06 05:27 PM

Oh and if you decide you wanna do Martial Arts, by the time you really enjoy it you'll be real fit and you wont even notice. You'll be playing a sport and end up asking yourself "How the hell did i do that?"