RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Why do people hate on Martial Arts? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=236689)

Tha .Q 11-02-06 05:02 PM

Why do people hate on Martial Arts?

God willing, I'm about to start Karate classes, or Tae Kwon Do, soon. But, when I was telling my man Lee whom I work with, he was like, "Bro, that's why they have guns."

Sup with that...

Anybody do martial arts here? How long does it take to get really good at it?

WhoAmI 11-02-06 05:04 PM

it takes at least 10 years to become good at it

to become excellent, unless you have a natural ability its gonna take you in excess of 15-20 years

but that depends on the martial art

Nynth Degree 11-02-06 05:07 PM

You shoulda slapped him for saying that shit. Martial arts go way beyond karate chops and jumpkicks.

WhoAmI 11-02-06 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Degree
You shoulda slapped him for saying that shit. Martial arts go way beyond karate chops and jumpkicks.

^^^yeh for real...that guy dunno wtf he talkin about

Fatal.Wordz 11-02-06 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T ha Q
he was like, "Bro, that's why they have guns."

Your freind has a point.

:shoot:
^Buddy with the gun

:banghead:
Q with the kung fu

Whos gonna win? aha

Implicit 11-02-06 08:43 PM

it honestly doesnt take long if you really want to get good at it. if you practice constantly then you'll be pretty decent in a year or 2. but it also depends on what youre taking.

for example, my cousin started kajukembo around 6 months ago. he's only 9 and now he's at the top of his class.

constant practice is what you need.

Sean Gunner 11-02-06 08:47 PM

Martial arts is a lifestyle.

Also, you can disarm someone with a gun, break their arm, and shoot them with their own gun, in about 3 seconds, so ya.

Sir Smash'Alot 11-02-06 09:04 PM

Martial arts teaches you more then how to fight
it builds you as a person and makes you more disciplined
Fuck guns.
I should go back to boxing and lose my uh.. Baby fat!

Past Tense 11-02-06 09:51 PM

My friend frankie is 15 and he's a 3rd Degree Black Belt and he teaches classes at his DOjo or whatever u call it and he's won world wide tournements....hes personally met hundreds of boxers n shit

-TeamOne- 11-02-06 09:59 PM

im not against the whole martial arts thing, but truthfully i mean a 20 year experienced martial artist doesent stand a chance with a person whose been getting trained on how to use an AK-47 for 1 year, to kill people guns would be better, but if your looking for more like rev said a lifestlye, then id go with martial arts

TROUBLESOMEā„¢ 11-02-06 10:28 PM

karate chopz q

besides that if i had a glock from twenty feet lets see you kick me hoecake:shoot:

TROUBLESOMEā„¢ 11-02-06 10:29 PM

but if your dope at it.... its still pretty badass

JTR 11-02-06 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmanner
it takes at least 10 years to become good at it

to become excellent, unless you have a natural ability its gonna take you in excess of 15-20 years

but that depends on the martial art

LSMAFOGSNSG

Are you a fucking idiot?

Please, if you've never done Martial Arts, dude, shut up...

L.E 11-02-06 10:55 PM

I was in Tae Kwon Do for three years...I made it up to a green belt. If I would have continued, I probably would have made it to black shortly after.

That was ni grade thee and shit though lol...

It really depends what you wanna do it for.

Self-defence is nice, but really, it gets you in hella good shape.

BigTony.Self 11-02-06 10:56 PM

honestly if i was to practice anything ide look for a mixed martial arts class because if u do stand up only someone with ju jit zu could really harm u badly if u dont know your ground game thank ufc for exposing that aspect martial arts= good mixed martial arts = great