RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   The Cerebral Approach (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=352)
-   -   Time (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=237254)

B. Magik 11-16-06 07:55 PM

Time

What is time? Does it exist?

Maleficent 11-16-06 09:47 PM

Its a nonspatial continuum, so in essence it doesnt exist, but subjectively we exist in its encompassing wholeness.

Its kind of like gravity at the moment.

B. Magik 11-16-06 09:51 PM

Interesing.

Maleficent 11-16-06 10:02 PM

Can conscious states be located in time?

B. Magik 11-16-06 10:20 PM

what do you mean?

Maleficent 11-16-06 10:24 PM

Do you think our mind has its fragments in time, can we recall thoughts using time thus proving time's existence? Something like that.

B. Magik 11-16-06 10:45 PM

Well, I think time is a man made invention, and it doesnt really exist. Life as we know it could all be happening in one moment. Idk, im confused now. I probably didn't answer your question, or come anywhere close. Sorry dude.

Sean Gunner 11-16-06 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent
Its a nonspatial continuum, so in essence it doesnt exist, but subjectively we exist in its encompassing wholeness.

Its kind of like gravity at the moment.

You do realize that continuum by definition is nonspatial right?

Anyway, time does exist. Right now is time. The way we classify it is the difference. I mean, think of it this way, if we wanted to we could have one new hour = one old minute. We can change the classification at any moment but we cannot stop time. Your body grows old from time and wear, so if time doesn't exist then you wouldn't grow old.

Gravity exists, it is a reaction and thereby exists.

∆ P E X X 11-16-06 11:36 PM

time does not exist and is inactualiy imeasurable. just a concept in the mind. mans futile attempt to quantify infinity.

Terumoto 11-17-06 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
time does not exist and is inactualiy imeasurable. just a concept in the mind. mans futile attempt to quantify infinity.

Bingo.

Measurements of time are as real as a ft, or a mile. And time is NOT a continuous steady flow through the present moment. Time is relative to the individual based on a lot of factors.

Maleficent 11-17-06 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Gunner
You do realize that continuum by definition is nonspatial right?

Surely the semantics go many different ways, if a wheel spins without wind resistance or friction, its a continuum, spatial because the wheel gives it this property.

Regardless, time is relative to thought, we need time in quantum physics, and Einstein defined clearly that time has a place in the universe and that galaxies and celestial bodies act sequentially because of a nonspatial continuum that governs reality. Its a fundamental intellectual structure, it really doesnt need to be proved, we use it as a tool, just like numbers and space.

SerB 11-17-06 08:33 PM

What you mean it dont exist?

I'm looking at my clock now, you telling me it doesn't exist?

so what if its man made, that makes it fake?

and cavemen or animals back then used time too, just they'd use the sun as a clock.

Dufflebag Boy 11-17-06 08:45 PM

more better question is...was it invented or discovered

dunno which one it was but it exists now

B. Magik 11-17-06 09:10 PM

Invented

Enygma 11-17-06 09:28 PM

Time is basically a way to keep track of events, thus helping us remember them in a sequential order. Christ existed before Columbus, who existed before Lincoln, who existed before me.....I know this because of the sequential order of time.

Time is a tool
Time was invented
Time is real and imaginary at the same time for the same reasons