RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   The Cerebral Approach (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=352)
-   -   Have you forgiven God yet? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=237627)

Tha .Q 11-25-06 09:00 PM

Have you forgiven God yet?

For all the "bad" things that have happened in your life?

La Cosa Nostra 11-25-06 10:25 PM

I havnt forgiven him.. Because I dont need to..

Bad things happen as just another segment on our path in life. I thank god for the bad things that have happened to me, I wouldnt be the same person if they hadnt.

Tha .Q 11-25-06 10:27 PM

^^Yea...bitterness is what I'm referring to...If people harbor anger or bitterness over the past, then they haven't "forgiven" God in a sense for allowing those things to happen.

Ysdat 11-25-06 10:30 PM

nothing in life is actually "bad" it makes you who you are today. The only "bad" thing is your mindstate, the way you choose to handle these "bad" things.

A strong mind can turn "bad" into good, into a lesson, into a guide. Why blame God for "bad" things, when in reality they are not "bad" at all, mearly lessons and building blocks to make you who you are.

Tha .Q 11-25-06 10:38 PM

^I agree...that's why I think it's a mistake to harbo anger over the past. It impedes your progress toward the future.

Ysdat 11-25-06 10:48 PM

Anger can be good, if channeled correctly, anger can be a good tool to use.
Its hard, some people are strong and can channel there misfortune into positive energy, but others create a black hole emptyness and pain.

Tha .Q 11-25-06 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysdat
Anger can be good, if channeled correctly, anger can be a good tool to use.
Its hard, some people are strong and can channel there misfortune into positive energy, but others create a black hole emptyness and pain.

Anger as in bitterness...not anger as in resolve

Terumoto 11-25-06 11:32 PM

What has god ever done wrong? If people are mad at god for their misfortunes, they don't understand anything.

King Solo 11-25-06 11:35 PM

I don't really believe in God, and I can not be angry at something I don't believe in. But even if I did believe in God, then I would believe that he made man and gave him the ability to think for himself. Therefore, all his actions are of his own choice and they result in consequences.

Terumoto 11-26-06 12:25 AM

What about if a guys family dies in a plane crash?

Past Tense 11-26-06 12:29 AM

I thought it was him who forgave us FOR DOING THE BAD THINGS...not us forgiving him

Ysdat 11-26-06 01:08 AM

^in alot of cases it works both ways... but all in all, those who allow them self to get mad at A God, they dont have a real understanding of god and are more on the child mythical "man in the sky" level.

Past Tense 11-26-06 01:16 AM

Well I know that you are the reason you sin......there are trials and tribulations God puts into your life to make you stronger but there is also temptation and the pleasures of hte world that satan put on the earth.. God puts trials and tribulations in your life which you should be able to get through with him....thats why you read your bible and pray...I mean you have to have a good RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.....thats what reading the bible and prayings all about see to me praying is how your talking to God and reading the bible is how he is talking to YOU...and the crazy thing about it is.....EVERYONE(dont be smart) can read the bible!!!......some choose not to..........yup

King Solo 11-26-06 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
What about if a guys family dies in a plane crash?

Again, I wouldn't consider that God's fault. Its the fault of the pilot, or if not the pilot its the fault of the mechanics if the plane went into the air when it wasn't completely safe.

Its not like God decides, oh right.. i'm going to crash this plane and kill this guys entire family..

Tha .Q 11-26-06 06:36 AM

Yea...I agree with Past Tense and most of you all...Truth be told, MAN is the cause of the majority f his own suffering. Then, we want to blame God for our own mess. Well, God is gracious any way and forgives us. I just think that a lot of people have a grudge against God.