RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   The Cerebral Approach (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=352)
-   -   My problem with religious Ideology (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=238635)

Tha .Q 12-20-06 11:35 PM

My problem with religious Ideology

Sometime ago, a religious leader said to me, "I would never buy my teenage son condoms because he knows that fornication is a sin." HUH?

Lemme clarify...This religious leader KNOWS his son is having premarital sex. But, instead of being a realist and buying him condoms, his stance is, "No, he should know better and will deal with the consequences."

Isn't that the equivalent of saying, "Son, I know you speed in your car. Therefore, don't even bother with a seatbelt becuz you know better."

And, a new study found that 95% of EVERYONE has sex before marriage.

Case closed.

La Cosa Nostra 12-21-06 02:59 AM

Religions wack.

Terumoto 12-21-06 03:08 AM

Give him (the religious leader) a break, he doesnt know any better. We all make mistakes, right?

La Cosa Nostra 12-21-06 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Give him (the religious leader) a break, he doesnt know any better. We all make mistakes, right?

His cocksucking yes-men already give him too much of a break..

Someone eventually has to say something bro...

M&rk 12-21-06 04:02 AM

why wouldn't the lil fornicater buy his own condoms

Tha .Q 12-21-06 05:29 AM

^^He can buy his own condoms. But, my question to the religious leader was, "Would you buy your son condoms?"

And, what if his son couldn't afford them, or know where to go to get them for free?

Past Tense 12-21-06 05:43 AM

So basiclly your saying the father should support what the kids doing? thats like telling a pastor to go out and rob a bank

strobe 12-21-06 08:40 AM

Some of them religious people are so close-minded, it makes me wonder what is going on in their heads. It's like that new vaccine that was recently approved and can prevent cervical cancer that is caused by genital warts/HPV. Some parents are saying they don't want their daughters to get vaccinated because it would encourage premarital sex. What kind of thinking is that?

Tha .Q 12-21-06 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past Tense
So basiclly your saying the father should support what the kids doing? thats like telling a pastor to go out and rob a bank

No, I'm not. I'm saying, BE A REALEST. If your son is ALREADY having sex, why not encourage him to at least PROTECT himself. Everyone knows the message of abstinence doesn't work. How do we know that? Because...95% of EVERYONE will have premarital sex.

And Strobe...I agree with you bro.

Chris Stylez 12-25-06 11:08 AM

Damn is it 95%.....that a big number....I think its exaggerated a little bit but yeah. Even though its a sin you still should protect your own. I thought the point of being a christain was to be godly like, and like jesus, jesus knows we sin all the time but since we are all his sons, he still protects us.

Ebircs 12-25-06 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Picture
why wouldn't the lil fornicater buy his own condoms

ahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahah

Past Tense 12-25-06 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Q
No, I'm not. I'm saying, BE A REALEST. If your son is ALREADY having sex, why not encourage him to at least PROTECT himself. Everyone knows the message of abstinence doesn't work. How do we know that? Because...95% of EVERYONE will have premarital sex.

And Strobe...I agree with you bro.

The only thing he should do is pray for him and try to give him guidence....not go out and buy them condoms................because sooner or later if his son is a true follower of christ..he'll come back home.....cuz we all trip and fall