RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Just a thought... (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=239590)

King Solo 01-25-07 02:44 AM

Just a thought...

After reading and answering a post that Ebircs put in another thread I had a thought, and, well.....

The amount of people on this site who possess a microphone and look down on those who don't amazes me. What is the reason for this? They believe that everyone on this site is here because they aspire to be a rapper someday. If you seriously believe that then you are fucking idiots. If everyone aspired to be a rapper on this site, fuck we'd have some serious activity in the Audio forums, because what the fuck is text going to do for you in the world of music? NOTHING.

But, what some of you audio close-minded people don't understand is that NOT EVERYONE aspires to be a rapper. Just because you do, it doesn't mean everyone else does.

So, the question becomes... Why do people TEXT?

I know of two reasons, these apply to me...

#1 - Text battling is fast, easy and enjoyable (at times). For some people it may take hours to put together a 10 line verse... for me it isn't. I can put together a 50 line verse if needed in less than 30 minutes. Yes, text battling is easy for me. If you've got a creative mind and can easily visualise the wordplay and punches it is easy. If you can't, it'll be more difficult. And as for enjoyable... sometimes it can be boring as hell. But, a lot of the time I get laughs from some of the punches I see people come up with.

So, maybe certain people text because it is something to do with some of the spare time they have. It doesn't take a fucking genius to write a text verse, however it does take some intelligence to write a decent one.

#2 - This is the most important one for me. What do I aspire to be in life? A writer. What is the basics of text? Writing. Do you get the connection? If not, well I feel sorry for your lack of intelligence. Writing for text battles further develops my writing skills, that is why I write topicals also. It helps me develop my descriptive writing. Standard text battles help me to develop my creative writing further, and it also helps me increase my wording. See, working on wording in a text verse shows in normal writing also over time.

Then, people make stupid comments on that little RV Series script shit I wrote for the LBL. Again, it helps me to develop my writing skills. My script writing isn't the best, I am working on it. That is just a little exercise if you will for me to get better.

So, umm yeah... to answers the people who keep asking me why I text and why I won't pick up a microphone. That is the answer. I aspire to be a writer, NOT a fucking rapper. I will never pick up a mic until someone proves to me that it is going to serve a meaningful purpose in my life goals.

And, to those of you who do aspire to be a rapper and only text... PICK UP A FUCKING MICROPHONE. Text ain't going to get you anywhere in that respect.

La Cosa Nostra 01-25-07 03:06 AM

........right...

Do you feel better now?

Blay'all 01-25-07 03:23 AM

^ LOL, word.

King Solo 01-25-07 08:06 AM

Well, if I were to say I do feel better or don't feel better then that would mean that informing you people on the internet of my qualms matters to me, thus making me as big a nerd as some of you. So in hindsight, I feel the same way I did before I posted it.

The real question becomes, Nos... why do you feel the need to post silly, sarcastic remarks after a lot of dudes posts when they are expressing their opinions about something? Is your life that meaningless that you have to consistently come on a rapboard and attempt to get a rile out of someone?

And you can answer that or not, I don't care. I voiced my opinion, thus, I am done with this thread.

Shear Kaughn 01-25-07 08:31 AM

well..it all boils down to the fact that we all just get bored as fuck and come on here and post....

∆ P E X X 01-25-07 06:12 PM

long story short, people who record pretty much laugh at the people who text and still think what they're doing is "rap". how could you consider your self a rapper, if what you're doing... isn't rap?

rap is music.

text is not music.

the end.

lock this.:thumbup:

p.s. don't worry, when we texted, we thought it was cool too. then we learned better

Ysdat 01-25-07 06:14 PM

poetry is a form of music.

To have a track you need to write the lyrics down... (unless its a free obviously)

to walk you need to run.. you cant run with out walking.. walking and running are basically the same except ones a evolved level of the other.

same with writing a verse and recording a verse.

La Cosa Nostra 01-25-07 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Fletcher.
Well, if I were to say I do feel better or don't feel better then that would mean that informing you people on the internet of my qualms matters to me, thus making me as big a nerd as some of you. So in hindsight, I feel the same way I did before I posted it.

The real question becomes, Nos... why do you feel the need to post silly, sarcastic remarks after a lot of dudes posts when they are expressing their opinions about something? Is your life that meaningless that you have to consistently come on a rapboard and attempt to get a rile out of someone?

And you can answer that or not, I don't care. I voiced my opinion, thus, I am done with this thread.

Dude threads identical to this get made atleast a few times a month..

I understand you just had to get that off your shoulders and have a rant... Its cool.. I just found it kinda comical cause you were talking so seriously and I know nobodys really gonna give that much of a shit...lol

Sir Smash'Alot 01-25-07 06:38 PM

Recording is so easy.. Its more fun then writing a verse.
Even if I suck at audio

∆ P E X X 01-25-07 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysdat
poetry is a form of music.

To have a track you need to write the lyrics down... (unless its a free obviously)

to walk you need to run.. you cant run with out walking.. walking and running are basically the same except ones a evolved level of the other.

same with writing a verse and recording a verse.

talkin to me?

Tha .Q 01-25-07 07:02 PM

Simple...writers just write

Rappers WRITE and RAP

King Solo 01-26-07 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Dude threads identical to this get made atleast a few times a month..

I understand you just had to get that off your shoulders and have a rant... Its cool.. I just found it kinda comical cause you were talking so seriously and I know nobodys really gonna give that much of a shit...lol

oh, word... i get ya, never mind then :thumbup:

Mad Dog 01-26-07 12:03 PM

i only look down on people who are smaller than me...

fuck kneeling down to their level i aint gonna get arthritis in my knees just coz they have a growth deficientcy

King Solo 01-26-07 12:27 PM

I am 6'7" so I look down on most people in that respect. :)

Blackmage 01-26-07 02:32 PM

Hey nick, in your sig you forgot swamp thing....