RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   The Cerebral Approach (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=352)
-   -   Contribution to the illusion... Praise the Goddess. (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=239975)

Terumoto 02-12-07 09:11 PM

Contribution to the illusion... Praise the Goddess.

If God is above space and time, why isn't he above gender? I find it stupid to think that God is male, since God exhibits femenine traits as well, and well... God doesn't have a form so how can he be one gender? What makes something male? You know what im talking about. So if God lacks the physical aspects of male, but could be seen from his portrayal by the bible to have not only male traits, but female traits, why is "he" considered male?

Tha .Q 02-12-07 09:15 PM

God is above gender.

You all need to recognize the difference between TRUTH and DOGMA.

Terumoto 02-12-07 09:31 PM

I know God is above gender... That's what I'm saying.

Christians are the ones that mainly refer to this God of theres, so why do they contribute to the already prominent illusions and false images of God by going along with "him" being male?

Compose 02-12-07 10:23 PM

i just say he cuz its a lot easier then "a perfect entity that is above gender" lol, i rather just say he

Blay'all 02-12-07 10:28 PM

^ exactly... its as simple as like in grammar, it is accepted that using "he" to refer to an unknown person instead of "he/she" in a paper is proper

Implicit 02-12-07 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
If God is above space and time, why isn't he above gender? I find it stupid to think that God is male, since God exhibits femenine traits as well, and well... God doesn't have a form so how can he be one gender? What makes something male? You know what im talking about. So if God lacks the physical aspects of male, but could be seen from his portrayal by the bible to have not only male traits, but female traits, why is "he" considered male?

I speak for myself when I say that the reason I consider God to be a man is because the Bible refers to God as "He" "Him" and the "Father"

That's just my personal opinion. But I honestly find no importance in it.

Terumoto 02-12-07 11:28 PM

What about referring to God as "it?"

"He" has obviously caused a lot of misunderstanding.

Implicit 02-13-07 03:08 AM

Quote:

Well I've never read anywhere that God is considered "it" so that's why I formed the opinion that I have now.

La Cosa Nostra 02-13-07 04:19 AM

I try not to use he when refering to god because of that exact reason.. I dont think god is anything like a man or woman..

Sometimes it slips out though...

Terumoto 02-13-07 04:28 AM

If you're basing your opinion off the bible, you should probably consider the descriptions it gives of God... Aside from referring to it as "he" and "him," it makes absolutely no sense at all for God to be male..

Implicit 02-13-07 07:36 PM

Like I said the first time, I find no importance in gender when talking about God

Cola 02-13-07 09:16 PM

Gods prob. just a Metrosexual....

lol....

Sean Gunner 02-13-07 10:25 PM

Quote:

You have to remember back when The Bible was written, many people were sexists and racists. The man dominated the entire world, and women had absolutely no power. If you look in the Middle East, it's still that way for the most part. To say He meant he had immense power and was important, to say she would have degraded him at the time.

And the reason it has not changed is pretty simple. God has been referred to as he for the past 3000 years, I don't think it's gonna change by now. Also today, he is accepted as a form of referring to something without being gender specific. Another loop hole in the loop hole we call American English.

Terumoto 02-14-07 01:56 AM

Yeah... I know what you mean, and that's probably why. But they should at least inform people about it.

Logically she would be a better reference... Think about it, they call warships and houses and shit she.