RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   The Cerebral Approach (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=352)
-   -   Pain (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=240415)

ThatsWhatSheSaid 03-03-07 03:10 PM

Pain

Just a curious question, did god make pain? I know the devil brought sickness and disease into the world but what about pain? Physical or emotional, is it something god intended us to have to like keep us in check? You know when somethings hot and you grab it. I dont know im just thinkin about it, your thoughts?

Terumoto 03-03-07 05:43 PM

If you never felt pain, how would you know what it was like to feel good?

No pain = feeling good would lose its meaning and become the norm.

∆ P E X X 03-03-07 06:17 PM

nobody "made" pain, the body's survival circut uses pain to tell it that things can or are undoing it and it should avoid those things. anything that causes your pain, at an exponential level, surely can kill you.

Crazy Hades 03-04-07 04:42 PM

So if you stick your hand on a stove you realize something is wrong, not that you're simply cooking steak.

Compose 03-04-07 05:55 PM

what about those monks i heard about that like they could get kicked in the balls and wont feel it and shit, can you like ...make yourself not feel physical pain?

∆ P E X X 03-04-07 07:00 PM

^yes. its called buddism. those monks detach from physical sensation through the application of meditation and buddhism.

some monks can do a host of other things considered outside the bounds of human experience as well.

Tha .Q 03-04-07 07:40 PM

Pain is an illusion, a way for people to validate their existence. People gravitate toward the physical because it's what we see. We're encouraged to "believe what you see" rather than live by faith. That's why intuition and spirit take a back seat to flesh and logic.

Crazy Hades 03-04-07 08:09 PM

Quote:
Pain is an illusion, a way for people to validate their existence. People gravitate toward the physical because it's what we see. We're encouraged to "believe what you see" rather than live by faith. That's why intuition and spirit take a back seat to flesh and logic.

...Or better yet...pain is from nerves.

Compose 03-04-07 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
^yes. its called buddism. those monks detach from physical sensation through the application of meditation and buddhism.

some monks can do a host of other things considered outside the bounds of human experience as well.

i believe that, i think we as humans are able to do things like telekinesis or astral projection and shit, but most dont believe it so its never "tapped" and shit, atleast thats what i think but idk, im sure there are monks that can do that kinda shit and just dont tell the world cuz then they'd be under a microscope 24/7

Crazy Hades 03-04-07 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
i believe that, i think we as humans are able to do things like telekinesis or astral projection and shit, but most dont believe it so its never "tapped" and shit, atleast thats what i think but idk, im sure there are monks that can do that kinda shit and just dont tell the world cuz then they'd be under a microscope 24/7

...And what makes you think that?

Past Tense 03-04-07 10:37 PM

I beleive pain is a result of sin

word.....

∆ P E X X 03-04-07 11:16 PM

^so if you stubbed your toe, that's a sin?

Past Tense 03-04-07 11:21 PM

you have what I said mis-consepted

I mean as a whole we weren't meant to suffer major pains or have diseases and epedemics and so on and so forth

∆ P E X X 03-04-07 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose

you're absolutely right. when you meditate, gates open. you begin to become aware of things you may have originally thought were impossible or out of reach, but as you continue you can begin to notice these once unachievable things things appearing in more and more abundance.

∆ P E X X 03-05-07 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past Tense
you have what I said mis-consepted

I mean as a whole we weren't meant to suffer major pains or have diseases and epedemics and so on and so forth

oh, so you're saying that catching a cold is a sin? or maybe, catching aids from a mosqito bite, that's a sin?

sickness comes from germs and bacteria. germs and bacteria couldn't care less if you're a saint or sinner, they're just looking for a free lunch.