RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Man commits "online" suicide (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=240855)

Indeph 03-27-07 01:46 AM

Man commits "online" suicide

A 42-year-old Briton has hanged himself in front of a webcam watched by many users in an internet chatroom. The man identified as Kevin Whitrick, a father of two children. He had separated from his wife Paula, who lives nearby with their children.

According to media reports, one online chatter, in light mood, urged him: "Go on, jump! I'm waiting. Look at him wriggling, he can't even kill himself properly!"

Giving all chatters a huge shock, Whitrick stepped off a chair with a rope round his neck looped over a joist in his flat.

A newspaper quoted an anonymous chatter as saying, "He tied a rope around an uncovered ceiling joist and stood on the chair as he tied the rope around his neck."

"Some of us chatroom users, talking to Kevin over text chat, microphones and video tried to convince him to step down, but others egged him on telling him to get on with it. We just couldn't believe he was doing it - it was surreal."

Police confirmed that Mr Whitrick was using a webcam in an internet chat room at the time of his death. Media reports said it was Britain's first 'online suicide'.

Ysdat 03-27-07 02:39 AM

*waits for Melvin to turn 42*

Ebircs 03-27-07 02:50 AM

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

i hope this becomes a new trend....and i hope some of ya'll join that shit

Mad Dog 03-27-07 04:55 AM

sad thing is...i live in the same country as that moron

WhoAmI 03-27-07 10:07 AM

i'd laugh if he was from Crawley :)

Mad Dog 03-27-07 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xay
i'd laugh if he was from Crawley :)

do you know something you're not telling me?

WhoAmI 03-27-07 12:43 PM

nope but as long as he don't live in croydon i'm cool :)

Mad Dog 03-27-07 02:37 PM

lmao safe safe...prolly a northerner...they normally do stupid shit all the time...look at Wayne Rooney! talk about not keeping up with Evolution...dope Football player...but ugh @ the pensioner prozzie when he's got Colleen!

Shear Kaughn 03-27-07 03:17 PM

yes some of yall do need to kill yallselves....or just cut back on the internet time and go out and talk to people in the flesh

Shear Kaughn 03-27-07 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog
lmao safe safe...prolly a northerner...they normally do stupid shit all the time...look at Wayne Rooney! talk about not keeping up with Evolution...dope Football player...but ugh @ the pensioner prozzie when he's got Colleen!

and did anyone understand what this man just said..... :huh:

WhoAmI 03-27-07 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shear Kaughn
and did anyone understand what this man just said..... :huh:

yeh...actually i did....sorry was that an american way of attempting to make a joke at the expense of the UK?

Shear Kaughn 03-27-07 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xay
yeh...actually i did....sorry was that an american way of attempting to make a joke at the expense of the UK?

no that was the american way of trying to figure out what the fuck it was he just said...if you want to take it as a joke...go right on ahead.

WhoAmI 03-27-07 03:37 PM

what part of his statement couldn't you understand

prozzie is clearly phoenetically short for prostitute and put the word safe into context and it clearly means thas cool (in this context anyway)

anything else you don't understand says more about you than it does about him

P To Tha R! 03-27-07 05:18 PM

man ain't no body give a shit, I know I don't

Magic5 03-27-07 08:35 PM

Lmao, that shit's pathetic as hell, for real.