RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Gee, and people think RACE isn't an issue anymore (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=243301)

Tha .Q 07-20-07 02:01 PM

Gee, and people think RACE isn't an issue anymore

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070718...acial_disparity

nuff said.

Logic The Goonie 07-20-07 03:25 PM

Niggers are violent, barbaric things and naturally commit more crimes than fun-loving, civilized whites. DUH.

Enygma 07-20-07 03:37 PM

Wow.....I disagree with the statement that I think you are trying to make. This is just stating facts about the percentages of new imprisonments. Iowa imprisons blacks 13 times more than whites yet blacks only make up 24% of the population in Iowa prisons. This is basically saying that whites get longer sentences. And look at the last comment. It says.....

"The group that compiled Wednesday's report made several recommendations such as reviewing federal drug laws and giving judges more discretion to decide sentences rather than imposing mandatory minimum prison terms."

This is basically saying to me that to lower black imprisonment rates, we need to be more lenient on the crimes that blacks normally commit. How the fuck is that fair?

Logic The Goonie 07-20-07 03:42 PM

LMFAO. Crimes that black normally commit.

Indeph 07-20-07 03:45 PM

Yeah that was ...k enygma.

p4ntzistheish 07-20-07 03:55 PM

Jersey represent.

M&rk 07-20-07 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygma
Wow.....I disagree with the statement that I think you are trying to make. This is just stating facts about the percentages of new imprisonments. Iowa imprisons blacks 13 times more than whites yet blacks only make up 24% of the population in Iowa prisons. This is basically saying that whites get longer sentences. And look at the last comment. It says.....

"The group that compiled Wednesday's report made several recommendations such as reviewing federal drug laws and giving judges more discretion to decide sentences rather than imposing mandatory minimum prison terms."

This is basically saying to me that to lower black imprisonment rates, we need to be more lenient on the crimes that blacks normally commit. How the fuck is that fair?

cuz gettin five to ten for havin possession of drugs is crazy and aint fair. its that whole lame ass war on drugs thang thats got alot of blacks in jail, and whose makin that law and who's gettin affected by it, think bout that and why it is the way it is.

Compose 07-20-07 08:41 PM

stop bitching, faggot

07-20-07 09:25 PM

I'm going to petition an act that gets all people with fat lips thrown in jail immediately.

That means you, Capone.

Sobe. 07-20-07 09:39 PM

im not saying i think race isn't an issue anymore but this doesn't prove that it IS an issue... it's just crime statistics.. it's not like it's a study on black ppl being harrassed by cops.. it's just a study on the prison population

Magic5 07-20-07 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Picture
cuz gettin five to ten for havin possession of drugs is crazy and aint fair. its that whole lame ass war on drugs thang thats got alot of blacks in jail, and whose makin that law and who's gettin affected by it, think bout that and why it is the way it is.

LMFAO, who the shit cares if you think the sentence is unfair? Is carrying and selling drugs against the law or not? Who the fuck doesn't know that it is? I have no sympathy for people who are in jail on drug charges, regardless of race, gender, etc. Who cares who's making the law? It's still a law and if you want to take your chances by breaking it, then you can kiss my ass when you get locked up for it.

TeamOne 07-20-07 10:37 PM

mime is alil insensitive about it... but he does have a point; its not like laws are AIMED towards or BIASED against a certain race group..... its not like black people are genetically predisposed to selling and doing crack or anythin of the sort....

and Q, the caps shoulda been on the word ISN'T... not race....

Terumoto 07-20-07 11:38 PM

So Q, that article could mean one of two things..

Are you trying to prove that blacks generally commit more crimes than whites, so they are imprisoned more, or that blacks are imprisoned unfairly?

There is nothing in the article that provides evidence for one side or the other.

JTR 07-21-07 02:45 AM

blacks are in jail more than whites because a larger majority of blacks don't have the oppurtunity that a larger majority of whites have, if it was black people who controlled corporate america, and who brought whites from europe to america and enslaved them, and forced them to be in poverty after slavery was abolished, than it would be the white people formulating the ghettos with less options other than to commit crime, or fall into a life of drugs. It dosn't help that mainstream media puts out the image of all black people being hard thugs and gangsters either...

07-21-07 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack The Rippa
blacks are in jail more than whites because a larger majority of blacks don't have the oppurtunity that a larger majority of whites have, if it was black people who controlled corporate america, and who brought whites from europe to america and enslaved them, and forced them to be in poverty after slavery was abolished, than it would be the white people formulating the ghettos with less options other than to commit crime, or fall into a life of drugs. It dosn't help that mainstream media puts out the image of all black people being hard thugs and gangsters either...

Yeah, and it doesn't help your point that the mainstream media that's putting out the image of all black people being hard thugs and gangsters, mostly consists of black people. Other than the camera men/announcers/actors/directors. (With an exception of a few)

AIYO IT'S 3'6 MAFIA, DEM BONE THUGZ & DA BIG GAWD DMX WIT HIS RUFF RYDAZ

HOLLLAAAA WHAT BRING YO GATS WHAT WHATTT
MAKE SURE THEY PACKED YUP YUP