RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   underground rap scene (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=243687)

BigTony.Self 08-15-07 05:12 PM

underground rap scene

is where its at right now with all this commercial shit goin around its at its rawest form yall gotta getwith the times and start supporting this shit ........... :shoot:

Enygma 08-15-07 07:21 PM

I think you're wasting your breath on here man. Notice how no one is really responding. Most people on here only listen to the people they listen to because they were told it was cool. It's now cool to say that hip hop is dead and all this mainstream shit is bogus, but when it comes down to it, these are the same cats buying the Young Joc albums and shit like that. I doubt most people on here even know what real hip hop is anymore man.

WhoAmI 08-15-07 07:27 PM

the most talented rappers have always been undergournd but they just don't have the so called "image" that allows them to be mainstream...it's bullshit...like especially at open mic events some of the dopest emcees will come out of the woodwork...it's beautiful lol

Ysdat 08-15-07 08:16 PM

:)

It aint called the underground, its called Hip Hop music. The mainstream is rap. :)

TitoBronsky 08-15-07 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?.
:)

It aint called the underground, its called Hip Hop music. The mainstream is rap. :)

Word to this kids Sigg :high:

Ebircs 08-15-07 09:02 PM

moss deffo............

i hear that shit man............pap, IT, saigon...jus to name a few....

5'9...cass still got it...................

is lots out their........jus surrounded by garbage man....

Brother Anubis 08-15-07 09:08 PM

'Krs one Hip Hop Lives' is the dopest joint to come out since the turn of the century.

J Summers 08-15-07 09:30 PM

i'm lookin forward to that new fifty cent shit...curttiisss

ThatsWhatSheSaid 08-15-07 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygma
I think you're wasting your breath on here man. Notice how no one is really responding. Most people on here only listen to the people they listen to because they were told it was cool. It's now cool to say that hip hop is dead and all this mainstream shit is bogus, but when it comes down to it, these are the same cats buying the Young Joc albums and shit like that. I doubt most people on here even know what real hip hop is anymore man.

I listen to music out of my own taste and reasoning, Kanye because i love his beats and his arrogance is entertaining, SP the phantom because he has the hardest bars out, and he really does, and has done the shit he says, pretty much goes the same for anyone in D-Block (maybe not J-hood), but to many bitches listen to the pop rap bullshit, 50 bars of nothing and some queer hook, na man, gimmi that HARD shit, i wanna hear people who are hungry, not people who are just trying to catch a meal ticket, feel me?

50 Got dope beats but shitty bars, everyone jumps on this dudes jock, hop off if you love hip hop :thumbup:

BigTony.Self 08-16-07 12:05 AM

i agree theres just gotta be a more diverse mainstream cuz shits unfair to true artists that are out there i mean these days it seems like someones cousin gotta better shot at a deal than someone who can rymes circles around the game shits wack as hell right now i dont even listen to the radio shits just to wack............

ThatsWhatSheSaid 08-16-07 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTony.Self
i agree theres just gotta be a more diverse mainstream cuz shits unfair to true artists that are out there i mean these days it seems like someones cousin gotta better shot at a deal than someone who can rymes circles around the game shits wack as hell right now i dont even listen to the radio shits just to wack............

That someones cousin shit comes into play everywhere in life, even where i work, half the people suck at what they do but they are related to someone, hey as matter of fact, thats how i got my job :laugh:

Ysdat 08-16-07 07:17 AM

Hip Hops like a cake, too much of one ingrediant then the cakes gonna taste like shit. Fuck rap.

BigTony.Self 08-17-07 01:48 AM

ionno bout fuck rap but fuck commercial ass ingredients.......