RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Question for my fellow emcees...and an message for EVERYONE! (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=244586)

Tha .Q 11-06-07 05:39 PM

Question for my fellow emcees...and an message for EVERYONE!

Fellow emcees...do you bump your own music in the whip or your crib? I normally don't but did so today...wow man...it's a totally weird feeling to listen to myself rap...It seems like I'm listening to someone other than myself...like I'm completely removed from Tha Q as Michael (my real name)...Anyone else ever feel this way?

On another note...For real tho peeps...Cop (or DL) my mixtape...Honestly, if you love hip hop/rap, you're doing yourself a disservice not listening...I'm not just saying that because it's me...I can unequivocally say that what you'll hear is good music...PERIOD.

Get on that...

You won't regret it.

--Q

DL Here

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DNUDAK4O

L.E 11-06-07 06:06 PM

I want to download this tomorrow for sure, because it's my only day off for the next month. -_-

But I get that feeling when I listen to myself too.

Recently I've recorded some new material, and I listen to it just to see what i could improve on...basically just to not rush anything and really perfect my music.

Cola 11-06-07 06:27 PM

yeah, i put my text up on the walls of my house for everyone to read and nod thier head to

Implicit 11-06-07 07:49 PM

I listen to my stuff sometimes in my car really loud so when I pull up next to someone I can somewhat get a reaction from their facial expression. One guy actually asked me who it was and I ended up tellin him it was me and gave him my CD. So in a sense it's somewhat promoting technique.

J. Luth 11-06-07 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphillyate
yeah, i put my text up on the walls of my house for everyone to read and nod thier head to

sadly, I bet you really do

scanz 11-06-07 09:00 PM

i do it to see the quality and skill i have... sometimes when im rollin threw a hood where ppl know me just so they can say "yo who that rappin" and just braggin "yea thats me" lol but not really that much... it is indeed wierd to hear ur self on an album rappin over tight beats... totally.. but when u look back at it 3 or 4 months down the road u probably wont like ur music like i do... u get bored of it and think.. that shit is basic. and lame i can do better.. etc...

La Cosa Nostra 11-06-07 10:41 PM

Occaisionally...

It aint really weird to me though..

WhoAmI 11-07-07 07:36 AM

yeh i listen to my own shit sometimes i don't find it weird though

Chris Stylez 11-07-07 09:12 AM

I mix it up with my playlist. I mix everyone here music that is good into my playlist and what not. so yeah.

L. Veracity 11-07-07 11:26 AM

usually the only time I listen to myself is right after I record a verse I really like
I'll be playin' it for the whole day and maybe a few days thereafter
but for th most part, that's really it

cuz yeah, it feels strange listening to myself lol
besides, it wouldn't be enjoyable cuz I'd be like
"ehh I could've done that so much better"

11-07-07 11:32 AM

nigga, you're like over 24 and still using "an" wrong in a sentence.

L. Veracity 11-07-07 11:34 AM

did you mean me?...cuz far as I see
I didn't use "an" anywhere in my post above :confused:

Zone Out 11-07-07 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. Veracity
usually the only time I listen to myself is right after I record a verse I really like
I'll be playin' it for the whole day and maybe a few days thereafter
but for th most part, that's really it

cuz yeah, it feels strange listening to myself lol
besides, it wouldn't be enjoyable cuz I'd be like
"ehh I could've done that so much better"

Hell yeah.. thats how I be feelin
I rather rap my shit to a nigga than let him hear the song.

Crazy Hades 11-07-07 05:46 PM

Quote:

Do your parents go 'That's very nice and deep, B-Rad'?