RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Are you a reader? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=244646)

L.E 11-12-07 01:25 PM

Are you a reader?

I'm looking for readers that enjoy good literature.

I want to start revealing samples of my newest novel, and I was wondering if any of you would be interested in reading a few chapters and critiquing it. You must be completey honest, and if you feel the need to be harsh neccessary, then please do so.

Readers must be mature, enjoy fanatsy novels, and know their stuff.

Let me know.

J Summers 11-12-07 01:49 PM

i'ma a reader i'm not to partial to fantasy novels though, i have read the first two eragon books and a book called the golden compass...but either way ive prolly read 3x the novels than half theese people

ThatsWhatSheSaid 11-12-07 04:07 PM

Ill read it if it can carry my interest, ADHD and a bad books' a bitch.

Tha .Q 11-12-07 04:48 PM

Does it have any pictures?

lol...JUS KIDDIN MAN!

L.E 11-12-07 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Summers
i'ma a reader i'm not to partial to fantasy novels though, i have read the first two eragon books and a book called the golden compass...but either way ive prolly read 3x the novels than half theese people

If you like Eragon, I guarantee Army of Ten will blow your mind.

Tha .Q 11-12-07 05:32 PM

Make it into a movie.

L.E 11-12-07 06:15 PM

Lol, you know, the only way i would agree to doing a movie is if I had a large part in creating it. I now some fantasy movies adapted from books (Eragon for example) is complete trash compared to the books.

Adam 11-12-07 07:32 PM

You actually still owe me a signed copy of your first book from when I won RVS. -_-

J Summers 11-12-07 07:43 PM

true ont he movie thing... is army of then the name of your book i would for sure like to read it... i'm currently reading koontz's hideaway, and i just finished I am Legend,and other short stories, <<i think that is going to be made into a movie, but i don't like specific genres i like specific authors, tom robbins, elmore lenoard, nelson demille... but yeah if i can get it i would read it and tell you my honest opinion

L.E 11-12-07 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bull
You actually still owe me a signed copy of your first book from when I won RVS. -_-

So I do lol.

:/

L.E 11-12-07 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Summers
true ont he movie thing... is army of then the name of your book i would for sure like to read it... i'm currently reading koontz's hideaway, and i just finished I am Legend,and other short stories, <<i think that is going to be made into a movie, but i don't like specific genres i like specific authors, tom robbins, elmore lenoard, nelson demille... but yeah if i can get it i would read it and tell you my honest opinion

Army of Ten: The Fall of Mahgus Book I

Eragon is like...a rip off of a lot of fantasy books. Army of Ten is actually very dark and mysterious.

La Cosa Nostra 11-12-07 08:56 PM

I only read factual books.....

Novels are time wasting entertainment I have no interest in.....

Terumoto 11-13-07 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
I only read factual books.....

Novels are time wasting entertainment I have no interest in.....

When you're dead you won't know any of the facts you read about in factual books.

And you will die.

So technically, you're wasting your time.

La Cosa Nostra 11-13-07 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
When you're dead you won't know any of the facts you read about in factual books.

And you will die.

So technically, you're wasting your time.

Sorry..

Are you promoting fiction or suicide?

While I'm here, I dont find it wasteful to expand my factual knowledge of things.. It makes for more interesting conversation... Who wants to be a boring fuckwhit that didnt bother learning anything cause of a depressive mentality like that..