RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   question of ethinicity (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=245639)

Dufflebag Boy 03-06-08 03:05 PM

question of ethinicity

i was just thinking to myself in the shower and it hit me...why do people call black people "colored". i mean if u think about it, black is the absence of color. if you look at the whole spectrum, it ranges from black which is the absence of color all the way to white which is every color.

so really white people are the colored people

Ysdat 03-06-08 03:33 PM

This is the point were you relise all those drugs you been doing have to stop.

Dufflebag Boy 03-06-08 03:36 PM

^^^why dont u just shut the fuck up

03-06-08 03:47 PM

Neither white nor Black, is a color. Both are shades, white having no shade, no color, Black being full shade, full color. I don't need to go further into this because you can't all be stupid. Just because white is the opposite of black doesn't mean it contains all colors. Because only then will you have it backwards.

And another thing, Black is not the absence of color. Black is the absence of light, meaning Black is in-depth and Black is full color. Light shines and shows shades, unless you're looking directly at the light, which would either be a bright yellow or, at it's brightest form: white.

WhoAmI 03-06-08 04:20 PM

makes perfect sense

La Cosa Nostra 03-06-08 06:07 PM

man thats so stupid how people think black is absense of color and white is every color..

If you mix every color, you will get black..

not white...

its straight up logic, get some paint and try it...

black is every color put together.. and white is the absense of color...

if anything... they are shades not colors i agree with that...

WhoAmI 03-06-08 08:17 PM

but thas paint though....in terms of colours of reflected light white is the product of all the reds greens and blues and pitch black is the complete absence of all colours of reflected light

RGB model n shit

-TeamOne- 03-06-08 08:27 PM

if someone called me colored id punch them right in the fuckin face

WhoAmI 03-06-08 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TeamOne-

reminds me of a few years back when i was like 17 we were having a class discussion in film studies and then some white dude was dropped "coloured", i had to cut the discussion short and ask him to repeat himself before he caught a hot one in his jaw, but the teacher had to diffuse the situation

Phenom-in-all 03-06-08 09:01 PM

That Little Brother Get Back disc is pretty hot. word.

Chris Stylez 03-06-08 09:51 PM

how come their are so many categories for other races but when its white. its white.

Why isnt their english. irish, italian, german, french, and all these other ethnicthies that are not white

JTR 03-06-08 10:50 PM

^^... what are you saying? Lmao, that's like saying "Why is it only black, why not Sudanese, Nigerian, Cameroonian etc."

Bro what are you saying? Seriously that made no sense man lol...

If anyone asks me who I am I don't say "I'm white." I say "I'm Irish"

You don't really have a point...

JTR 03-06-08 10:51 PM

Quote:

You're colored.

-TeamOne- 03-06-08 11:10 PM

I'd expect JTR to come in and say the dumb shit. Clearly i can not punch him in the fuckin face since i dont know where the hell he lives. He knows this, and exploits this, care? I do not since he's not in my face

JTR 03-06-08 11:23 PM

Quote:
I'd expect JTR to come in and say the dumb shit. Clearly i can not punch him in the fuckin face since i dont know where the hell he lives. He knows this, and exploits this, care? I do not since he's not in my face

You could take a flight all the way down to Montreal to punch me, but then i'd beat the fuck outta you, and probably piss on you or something equally vulgar, then it would be a looooong trip home for you dude.