RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Closed Battles (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   The Kid nate vs JTR (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=246389)

Ysdat 05-23-08 10:46 PM

The Kid nate vs JTR

The Kid nate vs JTR

Rules:
Track length will be between 1:30 - 2:30 in total duration
No biting.
Any beat is to be used.

Judges will be scoring on:
Mixing (production)
Beat choice
Flow
Punches (that includes word play, meta's, personals etc)
Presence
Vocab
Originality
and all round emcee ability.

Check in before 27 May
Verse due 1 June.

For these battles, Pm your track link to me once its done. Post in this thread stating that you have Pm'd me the link. Once I have both emcees track links i will edit there post with the link.

J Summers 05-24-08 08:06 AM

check in.............................................

JTR 06-01-08 08:43 PM

you're the kid nate? lol.. waddupp though.. you're lucky im just starting out with audio but ima try not to let you get a free win

JTR 06-01-08 08:45 PM

man wtf @ judging mixing... that gives me a major disadvantage cuzz i dont even know how to mixx lmao.. w/ee tho

06-01-08 10:07 PM

Mixing is quality of your voice with tha beat my nigga

Note:

I only said 'dis 'cuz you don't know how to mix. I assume you don't know what mixing is. lol. Good luck in y'allz battle ..

JTR 06-02-08 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
Mixing is quality of your voice with tha beat my nigga

Note:

I only said 'dis 'cuz you don't know how to mix. I assume you don't know what mixing is. lol. Good luck in y'allz battle ..

no im pretty sure you're wrong, mixing is when you edit your lyrics to make them sound clearer and make your production sound better or w/e cuz i actually done few tracks and gotten my dudes to mix them for me.....

Ysdat 06-02-08 01:29 AM

Voting isnt based all on mixing, but its a big part of making a decent track. Mixing also consists of providing certain vocals when recording in preperation for the mix. Its a overall thing brother.

J. Luth 06-02-08 12:14 PM

If it was a battle on who could make the best song, then it should. But if it's a straight up rap battle the main focus should be on the flow, and punchlines. Mixing shouldn't matter unless everyone is using the same equipment, which on RV, everyone isn't. but word

Ysdat 06-02-08 03:18 PM

Mixing is a part of recording. Fullstop. If it was a street battle, with no RECORDING gear, then yeh, obviously mixing wouldnt matter.
Mixing is a small part of what were judging, at times it might not even come into play all that much.

Get over it. lol

La Cosa Nostra 06-05-08 07:33 AM

i dont think ill be voting based on mixing...

ill be voting on delivery and punchlines...... thats what makes a good battle...

Intangible 06-05-08 08:43 AM

im the kid nate checking in

Intangible 06-05-08 08:43 AM

restart this shit my comp was broken

J Summers 06-05-08 01:23 PM

i'm the kid nate bittttccchhh actually i'm jsummers but i just took your battle...

Ysdat 06-05-08 04:41 PM

The Kid nate check in with that account. If The Kid Nate doesnt check in then JTR will take the W.

Why is everyone so caught up on The mixing vote, that was listed as it will come into account, you could rap your ass so, sound dope before your shit hits the mic, then with shit mixing and quality will make you sound shit.Mixing comes into it, but its not whats 100% fuelling the votes.

JTR 06-05-08 11:01 PM

J summers is dumb as fuck for making me think i was battling him and writing a fucking verse to a beat that I gotta trash now, thanks a lot faggot