RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Audio Heads Do Ya Think (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=247362)

American Tiger 08-21-08 08:25 PM

Audio Heads Do Ya Think

this would produce good quality?
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Snowball/

WhoAmI 08-21-08 08:41 PM

are there any addition specifications, cos a lot of the description was opinion rather than cold hard facts about the mics capabilities

BigTony.Self 08-22-08 12:19 AM

it would be very similar to the samson i read alot about it and seemed the samson c01u was preferred .....

J.Roy 08-22-08 12:22 AM

I would say no. And Then I would say no again. Depends on the budget, but if you have money to spend don't waste it on this if you're looking for a decent sounding project.

Also Known. 08-22-08 04:16 AM

My teacher used it during class on his laptop. Good for Podcasts decent for audio

American Tiger 08-22-08 07:35 AM

This is my deal.....I hate all the hook ups.....this is usb, that means no more pre-amp bullshit....no updating drivers or fuckin wit cool edit 24/7......but i dont wanna sound like a robot again....

BigTony.Self 08-22-08 07:12 PM

look up the avantone cu-2....great mic

Also Known. 08-22-08 10:37 PM

I rock a marshall usb mic if your into usb mics check it out. Fairly inexpensive good sound with proper editing

J. Luth 08-22-08 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky Jett
This is my deal.....I hate all the hook ups.....this is usb, that means no more pre-amp bullshit....no updating drivers or fuckin wit cool edit 24/7......but i dont wanna sound like a robot again....

rofl @ don't wanna sound like a robot again. I feel that son

M&rk 08-23-08 10:02 AM

i use the co1u for most my tracks. sounds good now that i know how to mix better and for only 90 bucks shipping included, its hard to beat.

American Tiger 08-23-08 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTony.Self

Just bought that bitch

J.Roy 08-24-08 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTony.Self

that looks like a ribbon mic, I really wouldn't prefer that for deeper vocals, good for highs bad for lows. ribbon's are what mariah carey uses. but word it is a nice mic though.

I mean, a usb mic will die on you, and you'll have to replace the whole mic, if you get a mic and the cord dies you can go replace the cord and vice versa, so it is more cost effective and it sounds better.

How important is the project going to be? If it's not important just go with the usb, but if you're serious invest.

BTW I'm in college for audio production, so yeah.

Jay Rose 08-25-08 12:48 PM

haha at past tense....

WHO ISNT IN COLLEGE FOR AUDIO PRODUCTION....

btw where you goin son....

Blay'all 08-25-08 12:56 PM

yeah USB mics in general have a limit to how good they could possibly sound, because they are getting no power from a pre... but if you don't really care about sounding perfect and you learn how to mix you can make it work.

BigTony.Self 08-25-08 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Business Man
that looks like a ribbon mic, I really wouldn't prefer that for deeper vocals, good for highs bad for lows. ribbon's are what mariah carey uses. but word it is a nice mic though.

I mean, a usb mic will die on you, and you'll have to replace the whole mic, if you get a mic and the cord dies you can go replace the cord and vice versa, so it is more cost effective and it sounds better.

How important is the project going to be? If it's not important just go with the usb, but if you're serious invest.

BTW I'm in college for audio production, so yeah.

ahaha son i use this mic all day long and to be honest my voice never sounded more sexy that and the fact that i spit in a white plastered flat wall room no booth no nothing this mic in a booth would be trememdous remember now looks can be decieving