RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   If you don't do audio................. (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=247448)

50Cal. 08-30-08 08:37 PM

If you don't do audio.................

your not a rapper,m.c,or even a part of hip-hop culture.text is a way for nerds and squeeky voiced 12 year olds to pretend like they can rap.text is a stepping stone not a career.you do text till you get audio and then make music.....................kinda like kirk :nono: if you don't do audio your not dope.you can't own anyone.your a herb if you don't do audio and have been on r.v for over 6 months.whens your text album dropping kirk? :thumbup:

Kirk 08-30-08 08:41 PM

I never claimed to be a rapper, mc, or even a part of the hip hop culture. I don't plan on having rap as a career. I like to live in the real world. But, I can see how well rap as a career is working out for you. How many gigs did you have in prison?

In-Vision 08-30-08 08:52 PM

man cali...we're cool and all...but i seriously take offense to this bullshit. Kirk beat you in text....plain and simple...you didn't deny him at a text battle...you provoked him...and then said you would smash him..and got smashed yourself...and now you are here...trying to take a shit on 98% of the sites active members...for what? to salvage some pride? this is fucking stupid man...how can you claim to be hip-hop...when you're trying to shackle it by puting limitations on it. Fuck you dude, seriously. If what you say is true..it's irrelevant...because regardless of whether or not kirk is apart of hip hop..he will have a bigger influence on hip hop then you ever will....no matter how much you pretend.

Cola 08-30-08 08:59 PM

Vision summed that up pretty well

Adam 08-30-08 09:41 PM

So that's the definition of hip-hop determined by a former Wendy's worker in his mid 20's who just got out of jail and some nice one on one time with some guys that haven't seen a girl in years.

Who the fuck are you to talk? It's funny that you call text a "stepping stone" so if you're past a stepping stone you should be far greater at that area than somebody who apparently can't get past it. Well according to your battle with Kirk, you're not.

Hip-hop is a culture that is based on expressing feeling through art. Last time I checked writing was a form of art. So is graphing, drumming, singing, and voicing your opinions through songs.

You think that you're hip-hop? Just because you went out and bought a cheap imitation of a large chain, rock unnecessarily large clothes and own a microphone that you spit half ass shit through... you aren't hip-hop. Call yourself a rapper or an emcee or whatever the fuck you want, you're not hip-hop. You're a fucking joke, you're a fraud. If you were part of the hip-hop culture you'd appreciate it in all forms and respect it and encourage it.

You're just a dumb fuck with a jaded opinion on what you think you are.

Ebircs 08-30-08 09:45 PM

i myself dont do text anymore, and wouldn't consider a textee a "rapper" but it is a part of hip hop...and not only 12 yr old geeks do it, texting is writing.....and when done right takes thought and is respectable....to dismiss it as corney and for geeks is ignorant. some people don't want to do audio....sometimes it's because they would sound like ass....and sometimes it's because they just enjoy writing.

point is.....you kind of made yourself look like a douche bag w that statement...

Kirk 08-30-08 09:57 PM

P.S. - My next text album called Lesbian Gas Station is coming to a store near you on November 22nd. Look for it in stores and support the hustle. SHOUTOUT TO COLLEGE RULED NOTEBOOK PAPER! SHOUT TO BALLPOINT PENS! HOLLA!

Sean Gunner 08-30-08 10:30 PM

Fuck ball point. Feather and ink the only way.

WhoAmI 08-31-08 06:00 AM

^this dude's old school like guillotines lol

but for real i agree with ebircs

Brydon 08-31-08 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
P.S. - My next text album called Lesbian Gas Station is coming to a store near you on November 22nd. Look for it in stores and support the hustle. SHOUTOUT TO COLLEGE RULED NOTEBOOK PAPER! SHOUT TO BALLPOINT PENS! HOLLA!

LMfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

King Solo 08-31-08 01:20 PM

So like, CALI has got to be the first dude to try and clown on text heads because he does audio and still get royally shitted on by everyone. Even the fellowship of audio heads aren't rallying around to support you dude.

You must really be a douche.

Ebircs 08-31-08 02:17 PM

"text album" = BOOK u moron !!!

w what ur saying here Tupacs a "nerds or squeeky voiced 12 year old" for "a rose that grew from concrete

http://www.amazon.com/Rose-That-Gre...e/dp/0671028448

Also Known. 08-31-08 03:05 PM

Adam that post you wrote just got you a lot of respect from me. Props. Hip Hop as a culture has a lot more to do then getting on a mic and making songs. The fans are a part of the movement, the people who dance to the music, the people behind the music, the list goes on. If you support it your a part of it in my eyes. And what about ghostwriters? They write lyrics and never perform them yet they are still part of the culture since they contributed. Open your mind. Personally texting has helped me a lot , when I get stuck in a freestyle I might refer back to an old punchline and use it just to stay on track and on focus.

King Solo 08-31-08 03:22 PM

I have got multiple text albums lined up for potential release 2009-2010. I originally predicted 2008, but I suffered from a 11 month spell of writer's block that I have only just recently overcome.

J Summers 08-31-08 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.
I have got multiple text albums lined up for potential release 2009-2010. I originally predicted 2008, but I suffered from a 11 month spell of writer's block that I have only just recently overcome.

let me get one or two of them bitches