RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   White People Enter......especially Nos. (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=248373)

50Cal. 01-19-09 06:13 PM

White People Enter......especially Nos.

what the fuck is sounding black?if a white person grows up in the hood then wont he sound like everyone around him?if a black person grows up in the nice burbs wont he sound like everyone around him?are you trying to say that all black people sound like 50 cent and all white people sound like bill maher?how about saying someone sounds urban?black and white are not sounds they are colors.there is no such thing as a black sound or white sound only urban,suburban or foreign.many white people live in the ghetto and sound urban in thier raps.many also are from the burbs and it reflects in thier voices.every white person is not going to sound like eminem because eminem is not from any hood.hes from a trailer park outside the hood.do the cool kids sound like jay z?does kanye sound like 50 cent?of course not.

LaTiNKiTTeN 01-19-09 06:18 PM

2v aint from no hood yet he speaks with ebonics lol

La Cosa Nostra 01-19-09 06:30 PM

wtf why especially me...

i dont get that part, dont involve me in your america slang talk

im too busy throwing shrimps on the bbq.....

Kirk 01-19-09 08:25 PM

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0375210/

Jay Rose 01-19-09 10:32 PM

haha at shrimps....i could go for some fosters right now, haha

High-Dro 01-20-09 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk

ahah i was totally going to say something about white noise

01-20-09 02:01 AM

wow cali you haven't pieced it together yet?

"black kid tryna sound white" means a black kid who lives in a good enough area to do so, therefore is an insult

"white kid tryna sound black" is a white kid who lives in a good enough area yet tries to sound like he's from where the black kid sounding white is from, therefore is an insult

and although your thread states what's nearly obliviously fucking obvious, it just shows that the main subject was just over your head.

Nynth Degree 01-20-09 08:59 AM

Shouldn't we be asking black people?

01-20-09 09:16 AM

Sounding black is sounding American.

Otherwise you're not sounding like you're anything coherent you foreign motherfucker ...

luckily language has many faces.

M&rk 01-20-09 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baphomet
wtf why especially me...

i dont get that part, dont involve me in your america slang talk

im too busy throwing shrimps on the bbq.....

cuz u said i try sounding like snoop dogg when i rap. when i sound different everytime and am just doin me.

M&rk 01-20-09 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
wow cali you haven't pieced it together yet?

"black kid tryna sound white" means a black kid who lives in a good enough area to do so, therefore is an insult

"white kid tryna sound black" is a white kid who lives in a good enough area yet tries to sound like he's from where the black kid sounding white is from, therefore is an insult

and although your thread states what's nearly obliviously fucking obvious, it just shows that the main subject was just over your head.

that was really stupid. you're saying theres two reasons why people speak white or black and theres no grey area. i speak comfortably around people im comfortable around, and that may either be with or with out slang, i sound the same either way i just speak with the hip-hop slang to people who would understand it or would find it interesting to hear and learn it. in class im gonna look stupid and say some slang i would around freinds when in know no one will understand me, that wouldn't be comfortable and would be dumb.
dave chappelle, says that same thing, he's going to talk proper or what dumb people would say as white when he's in a business situation, and he's going to talk laid back withhis freind or black is what dumb people would say.
expecially when i rap im going to use more slang than usual because its easier to rap with those words and i know the people listening to my rap are going to understand that because they are a fan of that type of music.

50Cal. 01-20-09 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Picture
that was really stupid. you're saying theres two reasons why people speak white or black and theres no grey area. i speak comfortably around people im comfortable around, and that may either be with or with out slang, i sound the same either way i just speak with the hip-hop slang to people who would understand it or would find it interesting to hear and learn it. in class im gonna look stupid and say some slang i would around freinds when in know no one will understand me, that wouldn't be comfortable and would be dumb.
dave chappelle, says that same thing, he's going to talk proper or what dumb people would say as white when he's in a business situation, and he's going to talk laid back withhis freind or black is what dumb people would say.
expecially when i rap im going to use more slang than usual because its easier to rap with those words and i know the people listening to my rap are going to understand that because they are a fan of that type of music.

agreeded and i made this thread because of what nos said to youin the audio forum.

M&rk 01-20-09 05:04 PM

i figured thats why u said him expecially. i was confused on about this when nos said this at first but i talked to my freinds who know how i sound like in person and how i sound on a track and they told me not to stress.

Kirk 01-20-09 05:48 PM

But on a serious note... who cares about this thread at all?

Nynth Degree 01-20-09 06:14 PM

*raises hand anxiously*