RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   I'm finally going to say fuck it (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=249179)

J.Roy 02-26-09 04:44 PM

I'm finally going to say fuck it

I'm gonna say fuck it and go to the recruiters office and just sign up. I've been slacking like fuck on this. I'm tired of my job. I am sposed to be on my vacation, being that I worked for 3 weeks straight dealing with irate people all day and they called me in to work today, fuck I just want to get out and see something new, i'm tired of my job dammit.

Kirk 02-26-09 04:47 PM

Not sure if thats the right answer.

J.Roy 02-26-09 04:49 PM

well fuck man, I'd get to go away to somewhere new, most likely Ft. Benning Georgia, maybe get stationed somewhere cool and have a pretty fun time for 6 years and maybe even make it a career. Besides i'm negate for going to War, I fall under the Soul Survior act.

lyricalflowz 02-26-09 04:50 PM

That's a big step to take man, have you completely thought it all though? and weighed the pros and cons of this?

J.Roy 02-26-09 04:53 PM

yeah I've thought it out now for a while, I mean the job security is obviously there, I get a free place to live and free food, I won't have to go to war because of the soul survivor act, and I'd get to meet a lot of new people and see new things. Boot camp is physical which isn't anything that will kill me, It's going to be tough but all you have to do is have the mindset that you'll make it. I'm still leaning on the fence on whether or not I want to go to the Marines or the Army, chances are it'll be the Army. It's really tough though because I'm not quite sure what I want to do.

J.Roy 02-26-09 04:55 PM

I'm going to talk to them soon as I get off, which is about an hour, so I'll post up what happened when I get back.

Ltizzle 02-26-09 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Roy
...I'm still leaning on the fence on whether or not I want to go to the Marines or the Army, chances are it'll be the Army...

The difference there is like night & day man. You can't just casually jump into the Marines, I think it's something you REALLY have to want to do. As they like to say, the Marines are definitely a different kind of person.

Also, with the number of new recruits being so high due to the recession and all, I'm pretty sure there's something like a 9 month waiting list to even be deployed somewhere. So if you're looking for a quick money fix, you may be disappointed. Although I know the Army offers a signing bonus, not sure what the parameters around that are though.

WhoAmI 02-26-09 05:12 PM

you should try n holla at some people who are already in the forces like enygma just so you get an insider's perspective too...seriously man make sure you want this shit

Cola 02-26-09 05:24 PM

i'd join the Air force, shit is way easy

J.Roy 02-26-09 05:58 PM

I want to join the army or the Marines.

My best friend going into the Marines and I can go with him to make it easier, if I do the Army I won't have anyone to go in with, which is why I'd be like blah. I want to do this,but I know it'd be easier to do with a close friend.

I've thought a lot about it and my grandpa is a Marine. I know quite a few people in the army, most of my friends are. I'd say some hate it some love it, I guess it depends. I think i'd love that structured lifestyle, my life right now is hectic.

Cola 02-26-09 06:01 PM

so, you are...or are not joinin?

J.Roy 02-26-09 07:10 PM

I have yet to go. I ended up having to come home anyways, I had to pick my sister up from school

JTR 02-26-09 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Roy
I want to join the army or the Marines.

My best friend going into the Marines and I can go with him to make it easier, if I do the Army I won't have anyone to go in with, which is why I'd be like blah. I want to do this,but I know it'd be easier to do with a close friend.

I've thought a lot about it and my grandpa is a Marine. I know quite a few people in the army, most of my friends are. I'd say some hate it some love it, I guess it depends. I think i'd love that structured lifestyle, my life right now is hectic.

The marines eh? You sure you're able to run 10 kilometers 5 days a week with your training gear on?

That's only the warm up buddy...

*is a marine in the canadian army reserves*

If you do go into the marines, i'd STRONGLY suggest you don't join the infantry devision bud, no offence or anything, but take a look at the shape these guys are in, and then decide if you can keep up with their training

_Talksic_ 02-26-09 09:30 PM

think about it before u make any decisions..and whats the soul survivor act?

J.Roy 02-26-09 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTR
The marines eh? You sure you're able to run 10 kilometers 5 days a week with your training gear on?

That's only the warm up buddy...

*is a marine in the canadian army reserves*

If you do go into the marines, i'd STRONGLY suggest you don't join the infantry devision bud, no offence or anything, but take a look at the shape these guys are in, and then decide if you can keep up with their training

I didn't say I was going to do it, I said I was thinking about doing it.