RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Instrumental releases (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Intellimorphix Entertainment presents: XK West (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=66256)

xkwest 07-17-03 12:28 AM

Intellimorphix Entertainment presents: XK West

some beats were mad with fruityloops... and others with the mpc... all beats are streamed in low quality 48bit mp3 format...
i don't expect you to listen and critique all of them... iam just lettin' cats know that my production is diverse...

dreamstar
the last
wrong
choose
was
supervision
franchise
sweet
goodbye
silly
the gauntlet
slow dream
revalator
g|life

Crash 07-17-03 08:01 AM

tight beats..my fav was:Slow Dream..doep ass beat!

xkwest 07-18-03 02:32 AM

thanks... a million...
48bit quality mp3 stream... of course its gonna sound muffled.
-^^--^high^--^^-

INsanity 07-18-03 03:07 AM

Slow Dream- pretty tuff like tha vocal cut sounds nice

Revalator-Sounds pretty good, i like the gangsta soundit has to it but i dont like the part that comes in at 50 seconds in but still nice

Supervision-feelin like the vocal cut sounds nice

you got some pretty good shit return tha favour PEACE

Yung_Logik 07-18-03 10:08 AM

tight man....all them are tight.......how much ya charge man?

xkwest 07-18-03 10:38 AM

at this time its 100.00 a beat

Soul Theory 07-18-03 01:05 PM

are most ur beats synth or sample based?

i like em. hows business? you doin prettty good sellin em?

xkwest 07-18-03 04:12 PM

my beats are mostly sample-based, sometimes i also sprinkle some of my own synths to the mix.
business.damn... its been extremely slow. many times clients would be ready to make the purchase, and then something happens to them, such as: lost job, bills, etc... but thats understandable... it just gets frustrating when you get your hopes up and nothing falls through... therefore iam quite nonchalant about selling a beat... iam not desperate to make a sale...
i think my beats are nice... i just need to promote more... and thats a lot of work...
i've checked your site...i see that your making some cash... do you get a profit...?... do you mail the beat on cd... or do your clients download the beat... iam asking... cuz.. if your mailing the beat... then... thats like almost 2-3 for the package... and also if you recieve a payment via money... thats like .75+ to cash...

Soul Theory 07-18-03 05:35 PM

well right now, im just sellin cheap, you know gettin my rep up, and gettin my name out there. I've been sellin for only $10 bucks.

About shipping. a lot of the beats I've sold have been to people I know personally so I just take it to them on a cd. I've only had one online purchase so far. He just sent the cash in the mail (I made sure that he makes it so noone can tell theres cash inside) and he DLed it of my site.

Wheres some places you go to look for samples a lot?

You mostly sample records? (Thats what I've been doin lately)

If so wheres some good spots where you've found some gems?

xkwest 07-18-03 09:58 PM

for vinyls... i go to either goodwill,salvation army,thrift stores, or garage sales... but most of the garage sales and thrift stores have good ones...
as far as sampling... i don't like to sample anything after 1985... i don't know why... i just don't.... i just read the credits... to look at what instruments... are gonna be on the tracks... i've learned to stay away from orchestra shit.(whiny violins)...i stay away from workout records... chicks talk all over the song... about..."now left foot this time... now right foot this..."
and sometimes its luck that you find an ill sample...

INsanity 07-19-03 12:17 AM

yo man sampling shit from tha 70s and shit is tha good stuff to sample. and if u want samples peep www.loops.net they got loops and samples pretty nice resource site.

BFire 07-19-03 05:11 PM

those beats are really nice dawg...keep it up, ur versitile...thats a must for a producer.